Want to prepare Spinach & Tortellini Salad but clueless from where to start? Try this amazing homemade tortellini salad recipes.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 1 (9 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 1 (6 ounce) bag baby spinach roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Smoked Cheddar & Tomato Blend
- 3 tablespoons European Dipping Oil - Mediterranean Balsamic
- Add some water in a large pot and bring to a boil. Cook tortellini as per the instructions on its package.
- Place baby spinach in a colander. Drain excess liquid from the now cooked tortellini over the spinach. The hot water will slightly wilt the spinach.
- Use cold water to rinse the tortellini and spinach. This will prevent further cooking.
- Toss tortellini and spinach with tomatoes, Smoked Cheddar & Tomato Blend, and the European Dipping Oil-Mediterranean Balsamic.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- 200 Calories (kcal)
- 8 Fat (g)
- 2 Saturated Fat (g)
- 24 Carbohydrates (g)
- 5 Fiber (g)
- 3 Sugar (g)
- 8 Protein (g)
- 25 Cholesterol (mg)
- 390 Sodium (mg)
There is no reason why you cannot eat salads. They are so sweet and cool, and have a crunchy texture. There are so many salad recipes for you to choose from. It could be cooked or uncooked.
Having a plate of salad before you take your main meal makes feel full faster. Salads are therefore good for weight loss. You will end up consuming fewer calories as it helps you cut calories and feel full faster. It is also good in controlling the levels of sugar in the blood. You don’t have to worry about eating pasta on a regular basis. They are so healthy and low in calories.
Baby spinach has the smallest leaves among the flat leaf spinach. It is also tenderer than the larger flat or curly spinach leaves. You can get baby spinach pre-packaged and refrigerated in your nearest grocery.
When purchasing spinach, you should look for fresh spinach leaves that are dark green, has a crispy texture and fresh aroma. Spinach is delicious, versatile, healthy and easy to prepare. For best results, cook fresh spinach until it wilts to maintain its green color and flavor. For spinach and tortellini salad recipe, you only have to pour some hot water over the spinach leaves to slightly wilt them.
Spinach is low in calories and fat is fat-free. It is an excellent source of vitamin A and C. Loosely wrap your spinach in a plastic bag and place in the refrigerator. It can keep fresh for up to 3 days.
If possible, you should avoid adding some specific commercially made additives to your salad. The additives may prevent you from getting all the health benefits of your salad. Most of the additives do counteract all the goodness. Salad dressings are full of processed fats and fructose corn syrup. If consumed in excess, fructose contributes to diabetes and most of the chronic diseases. You can instead make your homemade salad dressing using healthy oil, herbs or lemon.