How about some Rodeo Pork Chops with Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Potato Salad? This healthy chop salad recipes with pork chops and Roasted Brussels Sprouts is too good!
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 15-20 mins
- 4 russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup Sesame Ginger Dressing Mix
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons diced sun-dried tomatoes
- 12 ounces Brussels sprouts
- 1 teaspoon Hickory Smoked Grapeseed Oil
- 3 teaspoons Beef & Steak Seasoning divided
- 4 (6 ounce) center-cut pork chops
- 1 tablespoon Hickory Smoked Grapeseed Oil
- Wash and cut potatoes into equal pieces. Add cold water to a pot before adding the potatoes. Place on heat and bring to a boil. Cook for approximately 10 to 25 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender. To stop them from cooking further, drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together Dijon and Sesame Ginger Dressing Mix. Add potatoes, parsley, scallions, and sun-dried tomatoes. Toss to combine. Place in the fridge up to at least an hour to serving.
- Switch on the oven to a temperature of 425 degrees F to preheat.
- Add Brussels sprouts, two teaspoons Hickory Smoked Grapeseed Oil and one teaspoon Beef & Steak Seasoning in a bowl. Toss to combine. Place on a sheet pan and roast for approximately 15 minutes or until the sprouts are soft and lightly browned. Stir halfway through cooking.
- Preheat grill over medium-high heat. Rub pork chops using the tablespoon of Hickory Smoked Grapeseed Oil and two teaspoons Beef & Steak Seasoning remaining.
- Grill both sides of the pork chops. The internal temperature of the pork should be at least 140 degrees F.
- Serve pork chops with roasted Brussels sprouts and chilled potato salad.
- 510 Calories (kcal)
- 15 Fat (g)
- 3 Saturated Fat (g)
- 52 Carbohydrates (g)
- 7 Fiber (g)
- 7 Sugar (g)
- 45 Protein (g)
- 115 Cholesterol (mg)
- 440 Sodium (mg)
Potatoes are cheap and versatile vegetables. They are full of nutrients such as vitamin C and potassium. They are useful in boosting your body's immune system, and also help in weight loss. Potato salad is such a delicacy. They are so easy to prepare as well. Use a sharp knife for peeling or a vegetable peeler.
When buying pork, look for cuts with a small amount of fat on the outside and with meat that is firm and reddish pink in color. You must also cook the pork correctly to get the full benefit from it.
Beef & Steak Seasoning is a blend of herbs, peppers, spices or seasonings that are blended to add flavor by coating the surface of the meat. Rubs can consist of all dry ingredients, or they can include oils, crushed garlic or other liquids that cause the rub to take the form of a paste.
For your Rodeo Pork chops, apply the rub to the surface of meat just before you grill to allow for the flavors to become more pronounced.
Everyone loves the deeply browned and caramelized surface of roasted Brussels sprouts. You, therefore, need to cut the sprouts into two halves. At the start of your cooking, you should place them with the cut side facing down.