How about something as good as the Kale Fennel and Beet Salad?? This homemade kale salad recipe is easy to make and great to eat.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 2 large beets peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup natural grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons natural grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup Apple Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 small shallot minced
- 1 (5 ounce) bag baby kale
- 1/2 bulb fennel thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- Switch on the oven to a temperature of 400 degrees F to preheat.
- Mix 2 tablespoons Natural Grapeseed Oil with beets.
- Arrange the beets in an even layer on a sheet pan. Roast for approximately 30 minutes or until they become soft and tender.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Whisk the remaining 1/4 cup Natural Grapeseed Oil, together with Apple Balsamic Vinegar, and diced shallot.
- Add kale to a large bowl. Top with fennel, beets, and pistachios.
- Sprinkle dressing over the salad.
- Serve at room temperature.
- 140 Calories (kcal)
- 7 Fat (g)
- 1 Saturated Fat (g)
- 18 Carbohydrates (g)
- 4 Fiber (g)
- 7 Sugar (g)
- 5 Protein (g)
- 95 Sodium (mg)
Fennel is a very versatile and you can use it as a vegetable, a herb, and spice. You only need to chop the leaves and use it as a fresh herb. Thinly slice the bulb to use in raw salads. Kale Fennel and beet salad is full of nutrients. It is one of the salad recipe ideas that you can enjoy either as a side dish or eat it on its own. When purchasing, select fennel that has firm, fresh tops
When buying kales, you should look for crisp-tender leaves that are rich in color. Do not buy if it is yellow and wilted. Baby kale has a slightly milder flavor are more tender than mature ones. You can easily use it in raw preparations and salad recipes.
Wash kale under running water before using it; do not soak. The best way to prepare your baby kales salad is by first removing the tough ribs from the leaves. Then using a chef's knife, you slice out the stems or pull the leaves from the stem using your fingers. You may then chop them or use them the way they are depending on the type of salad you are making.
Kales are full of nutrients and are low in calories. Baby kales has more nutrients compared to the slightly mature leaves .They have an abundant supply of fiber, vitamin C, B6, K. It also contains some calcium. They are therefore useful in maintaining your body weight because of its low energy density.
Fresh beets are sweet and full of flavor. They have a tender texture. They are a versatile vegetable. You can serve beets in easy salad preparations, as a side dish, and in beverages for additional color and flavor. Beets are low in calories, are fat and cholesterol free, and a good source of folate.
To retain its nutrients and color, bake steam or boil beets without peeling. When cooked, the skin easily rubs off under cold running water.