Healthy foodie meals are easy to make and can serve as weightloss salad recipes. This gives you ideas of how to pair salmon. Also serves as a kids low carb meal. Enjoy all year round.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10-15 mins
- 2 pita cut into chip-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons Natural Grapeseed Oil divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) container plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup mint
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 teaspoons Souvlaki Seasoning divided
- 4 tomatoes quartered
- 1 cucumber cubed
- 20 pitted Kalamata olives halved
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 4 (4 ounce) salmon fillets
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toss pita pieces with 2 teaspoons Grapeseed Oil and salt. Spread in a single layer on a sheet pan and bake for 10-12 minutes or until crisp. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- In a blender or food processor combine the yogurt, feta, mint, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon Tzatziki, and 1 tablespoon Grapeseed Oil until smooth; set aside.
- In a bowl combine the tomato, cucumber, olives, and red onion. Season with salt and pepper if desired; set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet heat the Grapeseed Oil over medium to high heat. Season the salmon with the remaining teaspoon Tzatziki. Cook salmon for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Divide pita chips among 4 plates. Top with the tomato salad and drizzle with the yogurt dressing. Top each plate with a salmon fillet. Garnish with mint if desired.
- 410 Calories (kcal)
- 20 Fat (g)
- 3.5 Saturated Fat (g)
- 55 Carbohydrates (g)
- 4 Fiber (g)
- 9 Sugar (g)
- 28 Protein (g)
- 55 Cholesterol (mg)
- 820 Sodium (mg)
Pananzella is also a great source of protein along with omega-3 fatty acids. Both these nutrients have an effect on the body fat percentage. Proteins are tough to digest and hence can help you feel full for a longer duration, thereby making you eat less. Omega-3 fatty acids help to reduce inflammation-induced weight gain, suppress appetite, improve circulation, boost metabolism, and reduce fat deposition by increasing fatty acid oxidation. So, you can get a slim and toned body if you consume this meal cooked the right way.
Inflammation is dangerous. It can cause weight gain, joint pain, autoimmune response, gastric ulcers, and stroke. The omega-3 fatty acids present in this salad, regulate the local hormones. These, in turn, regulate the cellular pathways and gene expression, which help suppress the proinflammatory biomolecules. This helps prevent migraine, arthritis, psoriasis, ulcerative colitis, multiple sclerosis, Crohn’s disease, inflammation-induced obesity, etc.
The omega-3 fatty acids present in this meal are important for your brain to function properly. These polyunsaturated fatty acids are neuroprotective in nature. Moreover, it helps increase the neurite outgrowth in the brain developmental stages. It also helps in neural stem cell differentiation to mature neural cells. The omega-3 fatty acids have also been found to increase cognitive function in older women . Hence, it is wise to consume the required amount of salmon to get your dose of omega-3 fatty acids to boost your brain functions.
Cancer can be caused due to an imbalance in the omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids in the body, leading to toxic build-up, inflammation, and uncontrolled cell proliferation. Adding this salad to your diet can help increase the levels of omega-3 fatty acids, thereby reducing inflammation and toxicity in the body. In fact, many studies have proved that it can be used to treat cancer and prevent breast cancer progression. They can also help prevent chemo-induced muscle loss.