Chickpea Salad is an easy, delicious recipe from Glamlifemd. See more of top-rated vegetarian salad recipes on our website.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can chickpeas drained
- 4 tablespoons Natural Grapeseed Oil divided
- 1 tablespoon SPG Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 (8 ounce) bag baby spinach
- 2 plum tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1/2 medium red onion diced
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Mix chickpeas, a tablespoon natural grapeseed oil and a half tablespoon of spg seasoning in a larger dish or bowl.
- Let the chickpeas beak for at least 20-25 minutes or until slightly browned and crisp.
- Whisk together balsamic vinegar, the left over natural grapeseed oil and spg seasoning in a bowl until mixed well.
- Take the toasted chickpeas and mix with vegetables in bowl.
- Roll salad dressing and serve.
- 180 Calories (kcal)
- 6 Fat (g)
- 0.5 Saturated Fat (g)
- 24 Carbohydrates (g)
- 7 Fiber (g)
- 4 Sugar (g)
- 8 Protein (g)
- 0 Cholesterol (mg)
- 590 Sodium (mg)
This salad is amazing mainly because of the main ingredient, chickpeas are a delicious crumbly grain. If you love grains and salad, consider this salad. Chickpeas are very nutritious and good if your are on diet. This is because chickpeas are light, low-oil, low-carb and a vegetarian grain. Cooking it will only require you an hour or less. So you can choose to make this salad everyday. I guarantee you that this chickpeas salad is going to be your best. Chickpeas are notorious in absorbing spices that is why you should consider trying out as many spices. In our recipe, we decided to use the spg seasoning for it's amazing taste and a good mix of spices. However if you would like the taste of the spices to be a little bit strong then you need to add balsamic vinegar. Note that the more balsamic vinegar the better the salad will be.
This salad is great for the outdoors, that is if you love picnics. If you plan on going on a picnic, then prepare the salad a little earlier. Let it stay on the spice a little longer for a much improved taste. Chickpeas are the best if you are dieting. Considering the fact that gluten is prohibited in most diets, then this salad is great because it is gluten free. The salad is also low in carbs and oils so it is unlikely for you to gain weight.
This salad is recommended for those suffering from diabetes. The balsamic