- Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 2 teaspoons Chipotle Lime Rub
- 3 tablespoons Natural Grapeseed Oil
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 head romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper julienned
- 1 red bell pepper julienned
- 1/2 red onion julienned
- 1 avocado sliced
- 4 ounces Creamy Ranch Dressing & Dip Mix
- Add Chipotle Lime Rub, Natural Grapeseed Oil, cilantro, and lime juice and zest. Mix to combine.
- Add black beans to the Chipotle Lime Rub mixture. Toss to coat. Set it aside for approximately 10-15 minutes for flavors to develop.
- Assemble romaine lettuce, peppers, red onion, avocado and marinated black beans to make the salad.
- Dress with prepared Creamy Ranch Dressing & Dip Mix.
- 450 Calories (kcal)
- 28 Fat (g)
- 4 Saturated Fat (g)
- 40 Carbohydrates (g)
- 18 Fiber (g)
- 7 Sugar (g)
- 12 Protein (g)
- 0 Cholesterol (mg)
- 5 Sodium (mg)
Black bean salad is very nutritious. It is simple to fix. It is made up of a variety of vegetables.
It is therefore high in fiber. Eating a fiber-rich salad before taking your main meal makes you to feel full faster.
Black beans are a very good source of vegetarianand Pescatarianproteins. Other than being inexpensive, they are also versatile. There are so many recipes with black beans.
When shopping for black beans, you either have to buy dried or canned ones. Although canned beans may seem to be simple to prepare, they are not always the best alternative. They tend to have fewer flavors and are mushy. On the other hand, dried beans require a lot of time to prepare right from buying to cooking. They are however so tasty and when properly cooked have a meaty texture.
Black beans have a high amount of folate and dietary fiber. Consuming them may help lower your chances of developing chronic disease. They are healthy .fiber helps reduce the cholesterol levels in the blood thus decreasing the risks of heart ailments. They are rich in slow-digesting carbohydrates, protein, and fiber. You, therefore, feel fuller for longer after consuming them. The slow release of sugars to the blood has soothing effects on blood sugar levels.
They have antioxidants which are believed to offer protection to the cells in your body from the free radicals. They may also provide benefits to your skin by preventing premature aging as a result of overexposure to sunlight
The beans contain a dense and meaty texture. It is a favorite dish for a vegetarian diet. You can cook black beans in a variety of methods but still get the same nutritional benefits. Even after removing them from heat, the beans continue to cook. To make perfect black beans, it is advisable to remove them from heat before they cook entirely .Alternatively, you can cook them and thereafter immerse them in cold water.