Turkey Meatloaf with Parsnip Puree & Asparagus can be made using leftover turkey. Makes a delicious turkey dinner. Enjoy this tasty turkey Yummy Dinner Recipes today.
This Turkey Meatloaf with Parsnip Puree & Asparagus recipe is healthy and delicious with a tart green apple, dried cranberries and lean ground turkey.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 4 tablespoons Basil Pesto Grapeseed Oil divided
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 bag Just Like Mom's Meatloaf Mix
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup low fat milk
- 2 pounds parsnips peeled and sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon Herb & Garlic Dip Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon Herb & Garlic Dip Mix
- 1 bunch asparagus
- Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees F.
- After that, Heat 1/2 tablespoon of Basil Pesto Grapeseed Oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderate-high heat.
- Fry the mushrooms and onion for about 7-10 minutes or until they are tender.
- Afterwards, Transfer to a mixing bowl to cool slightly.
- Add ground turkey, Just like Mom's Meatloaf Mix, Worcestershire Sauce, egg whites, and milk to the mixing bowl with the vegetables.
- Combine them thoroughly.
- After that transfer the mixture to a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Allow it to Bake for one hour or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, Prepare parsnip puree during last 20 minutes of meatloaf cooking time.
- Add parsnips to a saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring it to a boil and let it cook for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- After that, drain and transfer to a food processor.
- Add 3 tablespoons Basil Pesto Grapeseed Oil and 1/2 tablespoon Herb & Garlic Dip Mix.
- Puree it until it gets smooth.
- Toss asparagus with remaining 1/2 tablespoon Basil Pesto Grapeseed Oil and remaining 1/2 teaspoon Herb & Garlic Dip Mix. Spread in a single layer on a sheet pan.
- Add pan to oven during last 15 minutes of meatloaf cooking time.
- You can now serve the meatloaf with parsnip puree and roasted asparagus.
- 470 Calories (kcal)
- 19 Fat (g)
- 1 Saturated Fat (g)
- 40 Carbohydrates (g)
- 8 Fiber (g)
- 14 Sugar (g)
- 37 Protein (g)
- 90 Cholesterol (mg)
- 170 Sodium (mg)
Turkey meatloaf with parsnip puree make for a healthy dinner and it is also treat for a healthy budget meal planning. It is truly delicious and the best ever turkey recipe. If you are not a turkey lover, this should not worry you because you could also substitute with ground beef which is equally just amazing. Turkey meatloaf is tender but never mushy texture. We can say it is velvety. The thought of a loaf made from meat is simply amazing and very comforting as we are used to loaf made from wheat flour. It should taste meaty in flavor.
The parsnip puree comes along with some very major health benefits. What is parsnip? It is generally a root veggie that looks more like a white carrot. You will be surprised to know that parsnip leads to a healthy digestive tract since it prevents constipation. Being a root vegetable, it brings with it a dose of fiber is very essential in the body to ensure that the digestion process is very successful. It is that recipe that you will never regret bringing it to your table. Healthy and very yummy. Enjoy!
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER