Absolutely delicious, the Taco Stuffed Peppers is one of the best homemade beef recipes out here! The healthy Chopmeat Recipes Dinners.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 50-60 mins
- 3 bell peppers
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 5 teaspoons Fajita Seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa or 1 prepared cup of gluten-free grain
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapenos
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Slice bell peppers in half and deseed. Place cut side up on a sheet pan or in a baking dish.
- Heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the ground beef and drain off the excess fat. Add the Fajita Seasoning and water and bring the mixture to a boil while stirring constantly. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, prepare quinoa according to package directions. Combine cooked taco meat, cooked quinoa, and salsa. Stuff peppers with taco filling. Top each with cheddar cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake about 40 minutes or until peppers are tender. Garnish peppers with diced tomatoes, pickled jalapenos, and cilantro.
- 240 Calories (kcal)
- 8 Fat (g)
- 3.5 Saturated Fat (g)
- 19 Carbohydrates (g)
- 3 Fiber (g)
- 6 Sugar (g)
- 22 Protein (g)
- 55 Cholesterol (mg)
- 590 Sodium (mg)
High-quality protein, containing all of the essential amino acids, is very important for the maintenance of muscle mass, especially when coupled with strength training. Inadequate intake of high-quality protein may accelerate age-related muscle degeneration, increasing the risk of sarcopenia. Eating this meal, or other protein-rich animal foods, is an excellent way to ensure sufficient dietary intake of high-quality protein that may help preserve muscle mass. Meat consumption is not only beneficial for the maintenance of muscle mass, it may also improve muscle function and physical performance.
Aside from being rich in high-quality protein, animal muscles (meat) contain a variety of healthy nutrients that are beneficial for our own muscles. These include taurine, creatine, and beta-alanine. Beta-alanine is an amino acid, which is used to produce carnosine in the body. Carnosine is a substance that is important for muscle function. High levels of carnosine in human muscles have, in fact, been linked with reduced fatigue and improved physical performance. Following vegetarian or vegan diets, which are low in beta-alanine, may cut the amount of carnosine in muscles over time. In contrast, high dietary intake of beta-alanine (from supplements) may result in significant increases in the carnosine levels of muscles. As a result, eating this shepherds pie, or other rich sources of beta-alanine, may be beneficial for those who want to maximize their physical performance.
Along with many other animal-based foods, this awesome dinner package is one of the best dietary sources of high-quality protein.With age, maintaining muscle mass is an important health consideration. Without exercise and proper diet, muscle mass naturally degenerates with age, an adverse change that is associated with many age-related health problems. In the most severe cases, muscle wasting may lead to a condition called sarcopenia, which is characterized by very low levels of muscle mass and decreased quality of life. Sarcopenia is most common among elderly people.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER