Slow Cooker Chicken Mole | Recipes With Chicken. Get the dinner table rock with this boneless chicken dinner recipe. Everyone will adore this boneless and chicken breasts recipe.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 4 hours
- 1/2 cup Tia Rosa's Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Fajita Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed butter
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can no salt added tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce finely diced
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds toasted
- Start by combining Tia Rosa’s Red Enchilada sauce, Fajita Seasoning, sunflower seed butter, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a blender.
- Alternatively, use a food processor and pulse until the large pieces of diced tomato are broken down.
- Then place the chicken breasts in a slow cooker and sprinkle the diced chipotle pepper, onion, garlic, and raisins on top.
- Proceed to pour the pureed sauce over the top and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Then cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
Remove the chicken after 3 hours, shred, and return to sauce for remaining cooking time.
- 300 Calories (kcal)
- 9 Fat (g)
- 1.5 Saturated Fat (g)
- 26 Carbohydrates (g)
- 5 Fiber (g)
- 15 Sugar (g)
- 29 Protein (g)
- 75 Cholesterol (mg)
- 430 Sodium (mg)
What comes to your mind when you hear of slow cooker chicken mole? I used to think of it as a rich, Savory Mexican sauce that has complex, layered flavors, and has been painstakingly nurtured, simmered and labored over. However, slow cooker chicken mole is different. Here, you only have to mix the sauce ingredients together, pour over the chicken, and close the lid. Then set the timer.
In addition, the recipe has a unique ingredient list and a very simple preparation. Apart from its ease of preparation, the dish also contains numerous health benefits. For example, sodium is present in considerable amounts in the slow cooker chicken mole. One of the known health benefit of sodium is that it improves brain function. Studies reveal that the brain is very sensitive to change in sodium levels of the body, where deficiency of sodium often manifests as confusion and lethargy. This virtue therefore aids in keeping a sharp mind. You will never have to forget things easily once you consume slow cooker chicken mole.
Do you often struggle with fighting muscle cramps? Muscle cramps are often caused during the hot summer months due to electrolyte imbalance and dehydration. Consumption of slow cooker chicken mole helps relieve muscle cramps. The dish supplies our bodies with sodium – rich juices and fluids to restore a number of electrolytes. Sodium provided by this meal also helps to control glucose absorption. Sodium helps to facilitate the absorption of glucose by cells. The proper absorption of glucose results in the smooth transportation of nutrients in the body’s cell membranes.
Slow cooker chicken mole stands out as a very important dish towards the human health. It is a dish worth of eating by all people of different social classes.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER