Sloppy Joe Skillet. Try making this delicious dinner food to happily surprise your taste buds. Try more of our skillet recipe ideas and homemade turkey Delicious Dinner Recipes.
This Sloppy Joe Skillet Recipe is a combination of comfort and convenience! One skillet and just a handful of ingredients!
Prep Time: 0 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons Beef & Steak Seasoning
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 yellow squash diced
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
- Use the package instructions to prepare your pasta.
- Drain and put it aside.
- Place a ten-inch skillet on a medium source of heat and heat the ground turkey until it browns.
- Add your Beef & Steak Seasoning, the tomato paste, the diced tomatoes, the yellow squash and the zucchini.
- Cover the contents and simmer for about ten minutes.
- Add the prepared pasta and stir to mix or combine.
- 420 Calories (kcal)
- 9 Fat (g)
- 0 Saturated Fat (g)
- 56 Carbohydrates (g)
- 6 Fiber (g)
- 11 Sugar (g)
- 32 Protein (g)
- 65 Cholesterol (mg)
- 910 Sodium (mg)
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER
The name Sloppy Joe came from a cool guy named Joe from Floyd Angell's café in Sioux City, Iowa who added tomato sauce to some "loose meat" sandwiches. That is the beginning of your mouthwatering dish!
In the U.S, the dish is also known by different names according to the region where you reside. Take, for instance, dynamites barbecues, gulash, wimpies, Sloppy Janes, yum yum, slush burgers, and, steamers. The variation in names also come with some slight difference in the ingredients used. Other people use chicken in the place of ground beef, while others add a variety of spices such as cinnamon and brown sugar.
The meal is a favorite for children, and, that is why you never miss it in most of the lunch rooms in schools in the country. It is cheap and also easy to make.
For the vegetarians substitute a vegetable protein of your choice for the ground beef. Meatless Sloppy Joe is equally wow!
Sloppy Joes are prepared either in a skillet or a frying pan. A skillet is a pan with slanted sides and is perfect for stir-frying and cooking foods that require quick cooking methods.
CLICK IMAGE TO BUY