How about some delicious Roasted Butternut Squash with Quinoa? This, best quinoa recipes, healthy and homemade Quinoa recipe is simply delicious and easy to make.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 1 butternut squash peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons Natural Grapeseed Oil
- 1 tablespoon Sage Citrus Dry Rub
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Broth Mix
- 2 cups dates thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped sage
- Switch on the oven to a temperature of 400 degrees F to preheat.
- In a bowl, add butternut squash, Natural Grapeseed Oil and Sage Citrus Dry Rub. Toss to combine.
- Spread butternut in a single even layer on a sheet pan.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until it is tender and starts to caramelize.
- In the mean time, heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Toast quinoa in the dry skillet for approximately 5 minutes or until lightly toasted. Stir continuously.
- Add water and Vegetable Broth Mix. Let it boil before reducing heat. Cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until quinoa is well cooked.
- Stir in dates.
- Serve quinoa with butternut squash.
- Garnish with sage.
- 320 Calories (kcal)
- 6 Fat (g)
- 0 Saturated Fat (g)
- 65 Carbohydrates (g)
- 6 Fiber (g)
- 30 Sugar (g)
- 7 Protein (g)
- 0 Cholesterol (mg)
- 250 Sodium (mg)
Butternut squash is a versatile vegetable. You can make a delicious butternut squash meal using a variety of cooking methods. Bake it, or use it in a puree, in soups or stews, the result will still awesome. Roasted butternut squash has an intense flavor.
When you go to purchase butternut, you should select squash that has an even cream color. The best butternut squashhas firm skin, and feels heavy for its size. If it has soft spots and appear dull with wrinkled skin, do not buy.
Ensure that you cut your squash into cubes of equal sizes. Do not cut the pieces too thick. They should be able to cook evenly once in the oven.
Butternut squash is packed with nutrients. Its flesh is full of vitamins A, and C. Its seeds contain plenty of protein and good fats healthy for your heart.
Always store squash in a cool and dark place. If stored properly, it can keep for up to a month. Once you have cut it, wrap it in plastic before refrigerating. It can stay fresh for up to 5 days in the fridge
There is no magic required to make perfect quinoa. If you can prepare rice, then cooking these dry tiny grains will not be an issue. Quinoa cooks quickly. While cooking, it will expand several times the original size. When done, it will look like it has popped open, revealing the germ of the kernel. Well cooked quinoa has a fluffy, creamy, crunchy and nutty taste. It is versatile, and you can use it to prepare a variety of meals. It's also naturally gluten-free.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER