Mushroom Salisbury Steak. Try this dish now to experience the delightful pleasure behind best Mushroom Beef Dinner Recipes. Utterly delicious and tasty!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon Herbed Garlic Sea Salt Blend
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme ground
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Onion Spread
- 2 tablespoons Natural Grapeseed Oil
- 1 yellow onion julienned
- 1 pint baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 cup low-sodium beef stock
- Half fill a large pot with water and let it boil. Add the potatoes and cook for approximately 15 to 20 minutes or until they become tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, add ground beef, egg, oats, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce, thyme, mustard, black pepper, and Sweet Onion Spread in a large mixing bowl. Mix to combine. Divide the mixture and shape into 8 patties.
- Drain and mash potatoes. Add butter, milk, and Herbed Garlic Sea Salt Blend to the mashed potatoes. Mix to combine. Cover and set aside.
- Add Natural Grapeseed Oil in a 12-inch cast iron pan placed over medium heat.
- Sear the patties for approximately 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Remove the golden brown patties from the pan.
- Stir flour in the pan until a thick paste forms.
- Deglaze pan with red wine and remaining Worcestershire Sauce. Let it simmer to thicken and stir in beef stock.
- Return patties to the pan. Bring to a simmer until they are cooked through: the internal temperature should be 160 degrees F.
- Remove patties from the pan.
- Add onions and mushrooms in the same pan. Sauté for approximately 4-5 minutes or until the vegetables lightly crisp and are well browned. Add flour and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes. Deglaze pan with red wine and remaining Worcestershire Sauce.
- Let it simmer to thicken and stir in beef broth.
- Return beef patties to the pan. Simmer until patties are thoroughly cooked. The internal temperature should be 160 degrees F.
- Serve Salisbury steaks with mashed potatoes, fried onions and mushrooms, pan sauce, and steamed broccoli.
- 270 Calories (kcal)
- 10 Fat (g)
- 3.5 Saturated Fat (g)
- 26 Carbohydrates (g)
- 3 Fiber (g)
- 6 Sugar (g)
- 16 Protein (g)
- 60 Cholesterol (mg)
- 280 Sodium (mg)
Homemade steak is ideal to those people who do not love eating red meat. But due to one reason or the other, they must eat meat so as to grow stronger. Mushroom steak is equally nutritious. Mushrooms contain dietary fiber and are low in kilojoules. They are richer in proteins compared to most vegetables. It is a natural source of vitamin D, which helps in the development of healthy bones and teeth. Mushrooms also are rich in B-vitamins which are essential for the proper functioning of the body.
Mushroom Salisbury Steakis indeed a comfort dish. The fried onions and mushroom goes well with the Salisbury steak.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER
CLICK IMAGE TO BUY