Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 3 hours
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup Mojo Sauce & Marinade
- 1/2 cup dry white rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon Spicy Carne Asada Seasoning
- Add chicken and Mojo Sauce & Marinade to a slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for about 3 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and shreds easily.
- About 30 minutes before the chicken is finished cooking, prepare the rice.
- Add rice and water to a medium pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir in black beans and cilantro.
- Mash avocado with Spicy Carne Asada Seasoning. Serve shredded chicken over rice and top with avocado.
- 290 Calories (kcal)
- 8 Fat (g)
- 1.5 Saturated Fat (g)
- 32 Carbohydrates (g)
- 7 Fiber (g)
- 3 Sugar (g)
- 26 Protein (g)
- 55 Cholesterol (mg)
- 340 Sodium (mg)
Various mineral and vitamin deficiency lead to cell and tissue damage in your body that result in swollen lips, peeling and cracking of the skin. Moreover, dry patches on the skin also indicate that your body needs plenty of riboflavin. Thus, consuming chicken regularly can promote the growth of damaged cells and tissues effectively. You can find the high content of riboflavin in chicken breast and liver.
Your immune system requires adequate levels of protein; iron, magnesium, and potassium to function properly that are abundant in chicken. When consumed together, these nutrients strengthen cells in your immune system. A strong and boosted immunity then ward off health damaging factors such as toxins, free radicals, and cancerous cells. Therefore, start incorporating chicken into your daily diet and improve the health of your immune system.
Consuming chicken can be beneficial for your oral health. It can strengthen your teeth and gums alike due to the high content of phosphorus. When you consume phosphorus regularly, it can alleviate factors that weaken your teeth and prevent gums bleeding as well. However, if you observe constant blood in your gums, consult with your dentist immediately as it could be a serious oral problem. In a condition like this, it is suggested to avoid self-medication and opt for professional help.
Consuming chicken can balance cortisol hormones in your body. Imbalanced cortisol hormones could in increased stressed levels. This mainly happens due to improper functioning of the adrenal gland. You need to maintain properly working adrenal gland to balance hormones in your body.
Chicken can maintain your cardiovascular health. Nutritionists suggest that adequate servings of chicken throughout the week can help alleviate increased blood pressure and cholesterol levels that contribute to cardiovascular problems like stroke and heart attack. Many studies have also conducted in this regard and revealed that chicken breast contains zero fat content and thus, effective for heart patients. This is possible because chicken is a powerhouse of minerals like magnesium and phosphorus that are known to maintain your cardiovascular health.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER