Meatloaf Pie. How about meatloaf and pie together? Sounds interesting, right? Well it sure is! This, amazing dinner recipes, homemade meatloaf pie recipe is just too good!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1 teaspoon Natural Grapeseed Oil
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 large carrot grated
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 1 medium potato peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 bag Just Like Mom's Meatloaf Mix
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 large eggs divided
- 1/2 cup Wildtree's Organic Ketchup
- 2 prepared pie dough
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Heat Natural Grapeseed Oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, celery, and potatoes. Saute for 5 minutes until slightly softened; remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, use your hands to mix together the vegetables, ground beef, Just Like Mom's Meatloaf Mix, Worcestershire Sauce, 1 beaten egg, and Organic Ketchup. Roll pie dough out into the pie dish. Use a fork to poke a few holes in the bottom of the dough and add the prepared filling to the pie pan.
- Top pie with second crust, or create a lattice top; crimp edges to secure. Beat the remaining egg and brush onto the dough. Bake pie for 30 minutes. Remove pie, cover in foil, and continue cooking another 30 minutes or until cooked through: 165 degrees F.
- Allow pie to rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
- 570 Calories (kcal)
- 30 Fat (g)
- 12 Saturated Fat (g)
- 47 Carbohydrates (g)
- 2 Fiber (g)
- 6 Sugar (g)
- 29 Protein (g)
- 145 Cholesterol (mg)
- 560 Sodium (mg)
Beef has an abundance of nutrients like B-vitamins, zinc, iron and protein and comes in such a delicious package with relatively few calories. Among the many delicious benefits you get from enjoying lean beef, one of the most remarkable is its role in supporting health. Read more about beef and health.
Lean beef helps support a strong body by providing important nutrients to build and replenish muscles. Among all the muscles in your body, your heart is arguably the most important. Diet and exercise are the cornerstones for building a strong and healthy heart. A heart-healthy didisease.ne that includes an abundance of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, healthy fats and lean protein.
Studies show that eating lean beef, as part of a balanced diet, supports healthy blood pressure and blood lipids. A diet lower in sodium and higher in potassium and lean protein helps lower blood pressure. Beef is a leading source of potassium in the U.S. diet and is estimated to contribute only 1% of sodium intake. Research also shows that partially replacing carbohydrates in the diet with protein could be a useful strategy for the prevention of hypertension and cardiovascular disease
Celery stalks can help to lower blood cholesterol levels by increasing excretion of bile acids. Cholesterol is necessary for the production of bile acids, but usually bile acids are reconverted into cholesterol when the requirement for it is over. However, compounds in broccoli bind to bile acids and promote their excretion, preventing the re-conversion into cholesterol. As a result, new cholesterol must be used every time bile acids need to be produced, reducing blood levels in the process. This is an effective natural way to help manage high cholesterol levels.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER