Italian Style Halibut. Want to prepare a scrumptious Italian meal for dinner? Try out this, best of italian dinner recipes, Italian style meal with potatoes and baked halibut.
Italian Style Halibut is an Italian-style vegetable and feta cheese topping is the perfect enhancement to delicious baked halibut.This recipe shows you how to cook halibut in the oven.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 4 (4 ounce) fillets halibut fillet
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tablespoons Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil
- 2 teaspoons Scampi Blend
- 2 teaspoons Garlic & Herb Blend
- 1 lemon juiced
- 4 russet potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can cannellini beans drained
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Take a 12-inch nonstick frying pan and add one tablespoon of Roasted Grapeseed Oil. Put it over medium to high heat.
- Meanwhile, mix a teaspoon Garlic & Herb Blend and one teaspoon Scampi Blend. Use the mixture to season the halibut fillets. Next, you sauté the fillets for 4-5 minutes at a temperature of 145 degrees F till both sides are well cooked. Add the lemon juice halfway while they are still cooking. Remove from the frying pan when well cooked, put it in a bowl, and set it aside to cool.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining Roasted Grapeseed Oil over medium-high heat. Bring in the cherry tomatoes and cook for approximately 4 to 5 minutes or till the skin start to blister. Add beans and let it cook for 2-3 more minutes. Incorporate the spinach into the mixture and then cover the pan and immediately take it from heat. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix well all the food in the pan. Serve the halibut fillets over vegetables and beans.
- 260 Calories (kcal)
- 8 Fat (g)
- 1 Saturated Fat (g)
- 23 Carbohydrates (g)
- 7 Fiber (g)
- 4 Sugar (g)
- 24 Protein (g)
- 40 Cholesterol (mg)
- 420 Sodium (mg)
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER
When buying halibut, check to see that the flesh is white and glossy in appearance, dense and has a fine texture. Do not buy a cut that looks yellowish, dull or is dried out.
Halibut is expensive, so make sure you get your moneys worth.The fish can be raised on the farm, but there exists the wild-type too.
In the market, you can buy it as fillets or steaks or even the whole.
Italian halibut is packed full of nutrients. The fish is an excellent source of healthy fats such as omega three fatty acids and unsaturated fats.
These fats boost the health of the heart and lower the risks associated with high blood pressure.
There are a variety of methods that you can use to cook the fillet. Avoid overcooking it since it is lean meat and thus can quickly dry when left on heat for a more extended period.
Other than sautéing, you can also grill, broil, or roast the fillet. When cooked, it is soft and has a mild flavor.
The Italian style halibut recipe is among the best meals that you must try at home. It is simple to prepare, even for the novice chef. Serve it with some steamed vegetables.
CLICK IMAGE TO BUY