Italian Beef Sandwich with Garlic Aioli is an easy beef recipe that is quick to make and tasty to eat. An ideal recipes sandwich and beef dinner recipe, it is finger-licking.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 6-8 hours
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast fat trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 white onion sliced
- 4 teaspoons Vegetable Bouillon Soup Base
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Galore Seasoning Blend
- 4 tablespoons Bruschetta Blend
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Galore Seasoning Blend
- 8 mini sub rolls
- 8 slices Provolone cheese
- Add chuck roast, bell pepper, onion, Vegetable Bouillon Soup Base, Garlic Galore Seasoning Blend, and Bruschetta Blend to a freezer bag and seal. Squeeze bag to combine ingredients. Freeze.
- Thaw freezer bag completely before emptying into a slow cooker. Add water and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, and Garlic Galore Seasoning Blend; set aside.
- Remove beef from the slow cooker and let it rest for 10 minutes. Thinly slice beef and return to the slow cooker. Spread garlic aioli on the sub rolls, fill with sliced beef, peppers, and onions, and top with provolone cheese.
- 480 Calories (kcal)
- 18 Fat (g)
- 7 Saturated Fat (g)
- 43 Carbohydrates (g)
- 6 Fiber (g)
- 0 Sugar (g)
- 38 Protein (g)
- 95 Cholesterol (mg)
- 1100 Sodium (mg)
Beef has an abundance of nutrients like B-vitamins, zinc, iron and protein and comes in such a delicious package with relatively few calories. Among the many delicious benefits you get from enjoying lean beef, one of the most remarkable is its role in supporting health. Read more about beef and health.
Lean beef helps support a strong body by providing important nutrients to build and replenish muscles. Among all the muscles in your body, your heart is arguably the most important. Diet and exercise are the cornerstones for building a strong and healthy heart. A heart-healthy didisease.ne that includes an abundance of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, healthy fats and lean protein.
Studies show that eating lean beef, as part of a balanced diet, supports healthy blood pressure and blood lipids. A diet lower in sodium and higher in potassium and lean protein helps lower blood pressure. Beef is a leading source of potassium in the U.S. diet and is estimated to contribute only 1% of sodium intake. Research also shows that partially replacing carbohydrates in the diet with protein could be a useful strategy for the prevention of hypertension and cardiovascular disease
Bell pepper can help to lower blood cholesterol levels by increasing excretion of bile acids. Cholesterol is necessary for the production of bile acids, but usually bile acids are reconverted into cholesterol when the requirement for it is over. However, compounds in broccoli bind to bile acids and promote their excretion, preventing the re-conversion into cholesterol. As a result, new cholesterol must be used every time bile acids need to be produced, reducing blood levels in the process. This is an effective natural way to help manage high cholesterol levels.
Red Bell Pepper contains abundant amounts of the carotenoid anti-oxidants lutein and zeaxanthin. These carotenoid anti-oxidants help preserve eye function by slowing down age related macular degeneration, suppressing cataract development, and keeping healthy vision intact for years to come. The other anti-oxidant vitamins, such as Vitamin C also play a role in maintaining the health of the optic nerve.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER