Homestyle Meatloaf is a low carb meatloaf recipe that combines ground turkey and beef to make the most sumptuous meatloaf. An easy meatloaf Family Dinner Recipes .
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 55 mins
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 5 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Red Bell Pepper & Garlic Blend
- 1 tablespoon Rancher Steak Rub
- 1 (8 ounce) can no salt added tomato sauce
- Get your freezer bag and add all the ingredients leaving only the tomato sauce. Seal the bag. Using your hands, squeeze the bag for the ingredients to properly mix. Put to freeze.
- Before you proceed with your cooking, completely thaw the freezer bag.
- Switch on the oven to a temperature 375 degrees F to preheat. Line a sheet pan with greased foil.
- Mix a tablespoon of tomato sauce with the freezer bag contents and shape it into a loaf on the prepared sheet pan.
- Bake the meatloaf for 40 minutes. Add the remaining tomato sauce over the meatloaf using a spoon. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until it is adequately cooked: the internal temperature should be 165°F.
- 250 Calories (kcal)
- 10 Fat (g)
- 2.5 Saturated Fat (g)
- 10 Carbohydrates (g)
- 5 Fiber (g)
- 0 Sugar (g)
- 34 Protein (g)
- 145 Cholesterol (mg)
- 900 Sodium (mg)
Meatloaf is one of the very best comfort foods. While the recipe appears simple to follow, there are a few steps which you can't happen to miss .Otherwise; you can easily turn your hearty, comforting meal into an undesirable mound of overly dry, bland meat.
An ideal meatloaf holds its shape while staying moist. Whatever blend of veggies you go for, it is advisable to give them a quick sauté with some oil first. Other than being more tender and flavorful, the vegetables will also add some moisture to the meat.
You should consider using a meat blend. Any combination of beef, veal, pork, turkey, or lamb works well. Flavor the meat and add additional moisture with wet ingredients like tomato sauce, BBQ sauce, or Rancher Steak Rub.
Before mixing the meat with the other ingredients, you should first season it with salt and pepper. You may also consider adding some of your favorite dried herbs or spices .Work the mixture lightly with your hands, just long enough to incorporate everything evenly. When you are adding the mixture to the loaf pan, gently pat down the meatloaf mixture rather than packing it in too firmly.
Once the Homestyle meatloaf is ready, remove it from the oven. Before slicing the meatloaf, give it at least some five minutes to rest. That gives time for the mixture to settle, making it easier to serve.
You can as well make your meatloaf just for the leftovers! You only need to warm it with some gravy or even take it cold with tomato sauce. The choice is yours. You might as well freeze it.
Homestyle meatballs are perfect for appetizers or pizzas. They are well seasoned and have a mild and delicious flavor. Serve it with your favorite sauce for a classy finish.