Ethiopian Chicken Stew is one of the best homemade recipes with chicken. Try more fresh and quick chicken meals that are too good to be resisted for long!
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Ethiopian Spice Blend divided
- 1 pound red potatoes chopped
- 1 tablespoon Natural Grapeseed Oil
- 1 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic finely diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can no salt added tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Toss chicken in 1/2 tablespoon Ethiopian Spice Blend and set aside. Place potatoes in a large sauce pan and cover with water. Bring to a simmer and cook 10-15 minutes until potatoes are fork tender.
- Strain and set aside. Heat Natural Grapeseed Oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute onions and garlic for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon Ethiopian Spice Blend and tomato sauce and cook for 1 minute before adding the chicken.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes until chicken is browned on all sides and cooked through: 165 degrees F. Stir in water and potatoes until combined.
- Serve with sour cream and cilantro.
- 300 Calories (kcal)
- 8 Fat (g)
- 3 Saturated Fat (g)
- 28 Carbohydrates (g)
- 3 Fiber (g)
- 5 Sugar (g)
- 30 Protein (g)
- 95 Cholesterol (mg)
- 440 Sodium (mg)
Your immune system requires adequate levels of protein; iron, magnesium, and potassium to function properly that are abundant in chicken. When consumed together, these nutrients strengthen cells in your immune system. A strong and boosted immunity then ward off health damaging factors such as toxins, free radicals, and cancerous cells. Therefore, start incorporating chicken into your daily diet and improve the health of your immune system.
Consuming chicken can be beneficial for your oral health. It can strengthen your teeth and gums alike due to the high content of phosphorus. When you consume phosphorus regularly, it can alleviate factors that weaken your teeth and prevent gums bleeding as well. However, if you observe constant blood in your gums, consult with your dentist immediately as it could be a serious oral problem. In a condition like this, it is suggested to avoid self-medication and opt for professional help.
Chicken can maintain your cardiovascular health. Nutritionists suggest that adequate servings of chicken throughout the week can help alleviate increased blood pressure and cholesterol levels that contribute to cardiovascular problems like stroke and heart attack. Many studies have also conducted in this regard and revealed that chicken breast contains zero fat content and thus, effective for heart patients. This is possible because chicken is a powerhouse of minerals like magnesium and phosphorus that are known to maintain your cardiovascular health.
Seasonal cold is indeed utterly irritating. You can combat factors associated with seasonal viral like infectious bacteria only by sipping on some warm chicken soup. This delicious meal contains plenty of nutrients that help relieve common cold and other illnesses associated with it such as a sore throat and congested nose. Moreover, nutritionists recommend incorporating healthy food options like corn and other vegetables to improve your overall condition during a seasonal cold.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER