Cod with Farro & Roasted Carrots, from best roast recipes, is a easy cod recipe that serves as a warm side dish of farro with a tahini dressing. Bake cod for 15 min and enjoy.
Cod with Farro & Roasted Carrots is a stunning roasted carrot recipe features warm whole grains, protein-rich chickpeas, spiced pepitas and a light herbed crème fraîche sauce.
Prep Time: 10-15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 1 pound carrots
- 2 tablespoons Basil Pesto Grapeseed Oil divided
- 1 teaspoon Herb & Garlic Dip Mix
- 2 lemons divided
- 1 tablespoon Souvlaki Seasoning
- 4 (4 ounce) cod loins
- 1 cup dry farro
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- Switch on the oven to a temperature of 400 degrees F to preheat
- Peel carrots and slice lengthwise into two halves. Place them in a singer layer on a sheet pan. Toss with Herb & Garlic Dip Mix plus one tablespoon Basil Pesto Grapeseed Oil. Roast for approximately 25-30 minutes or until soft and tender.
- In a small dish, mix juice from half a lemon, remaining one tablespoon Basil Pesto Grapeseed Oil, and Souvlaki Seasoning. Set it aside.
- Place cod loins in a baking dish and brush with the mixture. Bake for approximately15 minutes or until it is well cooked: Internal temperature should be 140 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, prepare farro as per the instructions on its package; cover to keep warm.
- Whisk together tahini, garlic, juice from half a lemon, and dill. Add a tablespoon of hot water at a time while continuously stirring until the sauce reaches the desired consistency.
- On the same plate, serve Farro, followed by carrots and cod. Top with tahini sauce. Serve with lemon wedges.
- 440 Calories (kcal)
- 16 Fat (g)
- 2 Saturated Fat (g)
- 46 Carbohydrates (g)
- 7 Fiber (g)
- 5 Sugar (g)
- 30 Protein (g)
- 50 Cholesterol (mg)
- 170 Sodium (mg)
Carrots are so versatile, and you can use them in different recipes. Eat them raw, steamed or in stews. Roasted carrots are equally full of flavor too. Nutritionally; carrots have a lot of health benefits. They are rich in minerals, fiber and Vitamin A. For good eyesight, eat plenty of carrots as it aids in proper vision. They are also good sources of antioxidants and have anti-aging properties. Carrots are also good for a healthy heart.
When you are buying carrots, select those that are smooth, firm, and crisp, with deep color and fresh, green tops if present. Do not buy if it appears split, wilted and has begun sprouting.
Cod is usually very lean and flaky which can make cooking it a bit tricky. It is advisable to use high heat. You can fry, bake, broil, poach and braise cod. Both fresh and salted cod are popular. When baking, you should ensure that the fish is well battered. You should also place the fish on a few layers of foil for easier handling.
Farro is a whole grain, it is chewy when cooked and has a mild, nutty flavor. Farro comes in whole grain, semi-pearled, and pearled varieties. Farro is nearly fat-free and completely cholesterol-free. It is, therefore, a healthy choice for your heart. It is also perfect for vegetarians and vegans. It is a great source of iron and high in fiber. It's hard to overcook therefore a great addition to soups and stews.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER
CLICK IMAGE TO BUY