Looking for a delicious chicken meal to feed your hunger? Try out the appetizing Chicken Enchilada Tamale Pie, one of the best recipes with chicken dinner dishes.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 1 hour 10 mins
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Spicy Carne Asada Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Natural Grapeseed Oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 (14.7 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 3/4 cup Tia Rosa's Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro for garnish
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, and Carne Asada Seasoning. In a separate bowl whisk together the Grapeseed Oil, milk, eggs, cream corn, and green chilies.
- Add to the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Transfer mixture to a 9 x 9 baking dish. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and reduce heat to 350 degrees F. Toss the chicken with Enchilada Sauce and spread over the top of the tamale.
- Top with cheese. Cover with foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and garnish with cilantro and sliced scallions.
- 450 Calories (kcal)
- 17 Fat (g)
- 6 Saturated Fat (g)
- 44 Carbohydrates (g)
- 3 Fiber (g)
- 9 Sugar (g)
- 32 Protein (g)
- 110 Cholesterol (mg)
- 750 Sodium (mg)
Like all meat, chicken is mostly made up of protein. It is one of the richest dietary sources of protein. It contains all the essential amino acids necessary for the growth and maintenance of our bodies. In fact, this meal is one of the most complete dietary sources of protein. For this reason, eating chicken, or other meats, may be of particular benefit for bodybuilders, recovering athletes, post-surgical patients, or other people who need to build up or repair their muscles. High-quality protein is the main nutritional component of this food making it useful for muscle growth and maintenance.
Chicken has high content of magnesium. This in turn helps in muscle movements through contraction and relaxation of muscles. Magnesium also helps regulate neurotransmitters, which send messages throughout your brain and nervous system.This then regulate nervous system functionality.
This meal is also a source of calcium. Calcium not only strengthen bones and teeth but also has other functions like maintaining cardiovascular health. It plays an important part in ensuring that the heart muscles contract as they should, with the heart regulating tight control over calcium ions to ensure that an electrical charge gradient is maintained. Occasionally, deficiency of calcium requires measures such as the hormone calcitriol needing to increase blood pressure within the coronary vessels to maintain the heart’s contractility and more. Adequate supplementation ensures that these calcium ions are able to transmit electrical charges that keep the heart beating, and also do their job of manning calcium dependent voltage channels on the heart.
This chicken enchilada is a simple meal to cook. Its ingredients are also easily available. Including this meal in your food plan will ensure will ensure maximization of the nutrients.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER