Looking for a homemade shrimp quinoa skillet, quinoa recipes? Try out the Cajun Shrimp Quinoa Skillet that is quick to make and delicious for the taste buds!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons Cajun Seasoning divided
- 2 tablespoons Hickory Smoked Grapeseed Oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 cup celery stalks diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Pat dry the deveined shrimp. Season with one tablespoon Cajun Seasoning.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Heat 1 tablespoon Hickory Smoked Grapeseed Oil. Add the shrimp and fry until it becomes pink. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining one tablespoon Hickory Smoked Grapeseed Oil over medium heat. Stir in the onion, celery, and bell pepper. Quickly fry for 7-10 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add garlic, tomato paste, and the remaining tablespoon Cajun Seasoning. Mix properly to combine.
- Add the tomatoes and stock. Let it boil before adding quinoa and bay leaves. Lower the heat and cover. Leave to simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed and quinoa is well cooked. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in basil, scallions, parsley, and shrimp.
- Cover and remove the pan from heat. Let it steam until shrimp are completely cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper if you like.
- Before serving, remove bay leaves.
- Garnish with fresh basil and parsley as desired.
- 330 Calories (kcal)
- 10 Fat (g)
- 1 Saturated Fat (g)
- 36 Carbohydrates (g)
- 5 Fiber (g)
- 8 Sugar (g)
- 26 Protein (g)
- 140 Cholesterol (mg)
- 390 Sodium (mg)
Cajun shrimp Quinoa Skillet is a one-stop dish. It comprises a variety of vegetables, herbs, and spices. When you go to buy shrimp, select those that smell of saltwater only. When you thaw, it should be firm and fill the shell. Do not buy if it has black spots on their shells.
Adding some shrimp cocktail in your diet 2 to 3 times a week will help you look younger and with glowing skin. The carotenoids also help lower the risk of various types of cancer. When you go to buy shrimp, select those that smell of saltwater only and, when you thaw, it should be firm and fill the shell.
Cajunseasoning is a versatile spice. It is a blend of spices and a must-have in your kitchen. It works well with all kinds of foods and is an easy way of giving your dish that fresh, spicy feel. You can quickly make your Cajun seasoning at home.
Quinoa has a fluffy, creamy, crunchy and nutty taste. It is versatile, and you can use it to prepare a variety of meals. Quinoa salad is simple to make. You only have to mix your variety of veggies for the salad and the already cooked quinoa. It comprises all the nine essential amino acids. It's also naturally gluten-free.
While cooking, it will expand several times the original size. Quinoa cooks quickly. When done, it will look like it has popped open, revealing the germ of the kernel.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER