Beer Can Jerk Chicken is basically beer can chicken on grill. Beer recipes are hard to come by. This is a must try for any beer can chicken on grill. The best Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes.
Beer Can Jerk Chicken always seemed like kind of a low brow dish to me. I wanted to make something a little more sophisticated and delicious.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1 (3 pound) whole roasting chicken
- 2 tablespoons Cajun Seasoning
- 1 (12 ounce) can half empty beer
- Heat the grill to medium heat about 400 degrees
- Remove and discard the chicken giblets if there are any.Pat the chicken thoroughly to dry it. Rub half a tablespoon of Cajun Seasoning in the chicken.
- Season the chicken on the outside with the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoon of the Cajun Seasoning and put the cavity of the chicken on the can of beer..
- The chicken should stand upright on the can, transfer it to the heated grill and cook for about an hour or until the chicken is cooked thoroughly over 165 degrees F.
- If you discover that the chicken is becoming too dark before the temperature on the inside reaches 165 degrees F then lower the heat.
- 500 Calories (kcal)
- 36 Fat (g)
- 10 Saturated Fat (g)
- 1 Carbohydrates (g)
- 1 Sugar (g)
- 39 Protein (g)
- 165 Cholesterol (mg)
- 480 Sodium (mg)
Making a traditional dish is fun and adventurous, such types of dishes can be hard to come up with the exact taste and flavour. However if the information is available then this dishes can become fun. An example of such dishes is the beer jerk chicken which originated Jamaica. It has become a staple for the people of Jamaica for centuries. It is said that this dish was especially made by the slaves in Africa who escaped to the wilds in Jamaica.
Jerk is a method of cooking meat whereby meat is is dry rubbed with some spices especially the Jamaican jerk mixture. Since this is not so traditional recipe, grilling can replace the original jerk method of cooking meat. Traditionally, jerk chicken was cooked over direct flames which required the wood to be green and smoky. As a result the meat would be a blackened crispy skin and that was what was considered as delicious; which still is. However, in our modern recipe, we will use grill which will still productive.
Fire is considered to be a very important factor in making any jerk meat. This is why you should put the heat lower or move the chicken to much cooler part of the oven. This will ensure that the chicken is not burnt and it still have that moist texture. This dish is just perfect for family meetings since lots people love grilled meat.
The Jamaican jerk recipe is also a keeper, it contains of spices that are very flavorful. This spice is derived from marinating in spices overnight. The smoky taste of this spice comes from making it in a locked container. Beer is also included in this recipe, this makes the recipe even more amazing and exciting. All the ingredients are always available right on you counter. This makes the recipe very simple to make and it only takes less than an hour to make this Jamaican wild dish.
Now that you have the recipe, gather your family around for summer and have a great grilling.