Basil Pesto Chicken Roulade, Chicken breasts spread with pesto, topped with mozzarella cheese sticks and rolled, baked, sautéed in a pan, cut into . The best Different Dinner Recipes...
Basil Pesto Chicken Roulade recipe is both nutritious and oh-so-tasty. It's perfect for those who are steering clear of carbs — you're instead full from protein-rich chicken ...
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 2 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons Basil Pesto Sauce
- 1/2 pound asparagus trimmed
- 2 teaspoons Natural Grapeseed Oil
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F..
- Put each of chicken breast between the two sheets of a plastic wrap and slam it to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- Smear one tablespoon of the basil pesto sauce over each of the slammed chicken breast and then place 6 asparagus on each of the chicken breast
- Carefully roll the chicken breast and firmly secure it with toothpicks. Pre-heat natural grapeseed oil on a 12-inch non-stick skillet on medium heat.
- Flashfry the chicken breast until they have a brown color on all sides. Transfer them to a baking dish and bake them for approximately 15 minutes or until it is cooked completely.
- Remove from the oven and remove the toothpicks. Slice the chicken before serving them.
- 280 Calories (kcal)
- 11 Fat (g)
- 1.5 Saturated Fat (g)
- 3 Carbohydrates (g)
- 1 Fiber (g)
- 1 Sugar (g)
- 40 Protein (g)
- 100 Cholesterol (mg)
- 150 Sodium (mg)
Chicken roulades actually never disappoint when it comes to impressing your loved ones with a good chicken dish. It leaves your kitchen with a very inviting aroma. When you serve it and the chicken is sliced with rounds of chicken and every one thinks that you have taken several hours coming up with such fancy looking dinner. Wait until they have tasted it and at once they think that you are quite experienced in such dishes. But wait this chicken roulade only takes 15 minutes for the prep time. This is a fancy chicken recipe yet very easy to make and super delicious
If you have never made a roulade please don’t worry because it’s very easy and it really doesn’t require any experience or any catering classes. A roulade can be made using any protein but chicken is the most suitable. A roulade can be filled with your choice of ingredients, in this recipe, chicken beast are used and later spread with a basil pesto sauce and then asparagus is included.
Asparagus is a very healthy vegetable and that is why this recipe is good for the weight watchers and those who love to eat healthy dishes. Sometimes chicken breasts can dry out very quickly so the moisture of the asparagus helps the chicken to remain moist. The other way to keep the chicken breast is by browning them in heated natural grapeseed oil on a skillet.
This recipe actually sounds like fun, you can have your children ( if you have any) and other family members help you out with the roulade. The best thing about this recipe, you do not have stick to asparagus, you can ask your kids what they love and you can just chip in the ingredients, the possibilities are just endless. A baked chicken roulade is such a fancy dish option for an occasion, and also a quick dish for dinner.