Baked Cod with Broccolini Almondine entails baked cod fillets with savoury broccolini. Cooking cod fillets in grapeseed oil makes them very flavourful.
Baked Cod with Broccolini Almondine is a savoury dish served over a bed of warm rice.
Prep Time: 5-10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1 bag Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 3 tablespoons Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil divided
- 4 (5 ounce) cod fillets
- 1 pound broccolini
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Start by heating the oven at a heat of 425 degrees
- Mix your 2 tablespoons of roasted garlic grape seed oil and seasoned bread crumbs.
- Place your cod on a sheet pan that is lightly greased.
- After that, top each cod with seasoned bread crumbs.
- Press the seasoned bread crumbs down slightly to stick them together.
- You can now bake it for approximately 20 minutes or bake it until the fish is cooked through at a heat of 140 degrees F.
- After that, now boil a full sauce pan of water.
- Thereafter, add broccolini and add let it cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- Now drain the remaining water after you have cooked the broccoli.
- Now proceed to heating the 1 tablespoon of roasted garlic grape seed oil that had remained using a nonstick skillet of 12 inches over moderate heat.
- Afterwards, add garlic and almonds onto the nonstick skillet.
- Allow them to sauté for approximately 5 minutes or until they become golden brown.
- Then you can now add your broccolini and let it sauté until it is fully heated through.
- You can season the meal with salt and pepper if you desire to add flavor to it.
- The meal is now ready and it can be served with lemon wedges and broccolini.
- Finally and also the best part of this recipe, serve it on 4 plates and enjoy your meal.
- 370 Calories (kcal)
- 17 Fat (g)
- 1.5 Saturated Fat (g)
- 2 Carbohydrates (g)
- 4 Fiber (g)
- 5 Sugar (g)
- 33 Protein (g)
- 60 Cholesterol (mg)
- 530 Sodium (mg)
It is a simple broccoli dish very sure to please your family and friends and quick and easy to make. I also find it as the best way in which you can serve your steamed broccoli. The broccoli and almonds is just the perfect vegetable side dishes which you can prepare for your family during holidays like Christmas. The added advantage being that they need minimal effort to prepare. They are very delicious when topped with toasted almondine sauce and garlic. You will love it when you try it. I am pretty sure of that.
I really like this recipe because it is easy and healthy at the same time. Baked cod has nutrients that help keep our hair healthy. Interesting right? The proteins play a very vital role in the growth of hair and that’s why you find that some hair products are made of this cod oil. More so, it helps in strengthening the immune health.
Did you know that broccoloni assists in prevention of aging? We all want to look young even when we are in our 70’s. This is the right recipe for us all. They contain collagen that plays a very key role in delaying aging. You will also be surprised to find that it helps improve sexual performance in adults to be specific. It usually boosts the circulation of blood and therefore increases the libido.