This Mocha Chocolate Cake is the ultimate indulgence. A rich dark chocolate cake with a silky mocha swiss meringue buttercream. ... Rich dark chocolate cake and a silky Mocha Swiss Meringue buttercream, topped with a dreamy chocolate ganache. For more Food Recipes Dessert, rush our site.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 1 bag Heavenly Chocolate Mousse Mix
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Natural Grapeseed Oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup water warm
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 egg
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons low fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Coffee Mousse Mix
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F then grease three 6-inch round cake pans.
- Dust the baking tin with cocoa powder.
- Place all the dry ingredients which includes Heavenly Chocolate Mousse Mix, flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and 1 teaspoon salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Stir to ensure that the ingredients combine.
Whisk together Natural Grape seed Oil, milk, water, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, and eggs in a separate bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix for 2-3 minutes until completely mixed.
- The Batter mixture should be thin.
- Divide the batter evenly among cake pans.
- Bake batter for about 30 minutes or until cakes pass the toothpick test.
- Cool the cake for 10 minutes in the pan, and then turn out onto a wire rack to allow the cake cool completely.
- To make the frosting, start by beating butter with an electric hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Pour powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, until completely combined.
- Mix in remaining 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, milk, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and Coffee Mousse Mix until completely incorporated.
- Place one layer of the cake on a cake stand.
- Frost the top with about 1/2 cup of prepared frosting.
- Repeat the same with the remaining layers.
- Frost and smooth the outside of the cake.
- (Save some frosting for dollops on top of the cake, if desired.)
- Place chocolate chips in a mixing bowl.
- Heat heavy cream until almost simmering.
- Pour the heated heavy cream over chocolate chips and whisk until smooth.
- Put some chocolate ganache in the middle of the cake then smooth out to the edges until it starts to spill over the sides.
- Finish with dollops of reserved frosting, if desired.
- 580 Calories (kcal)
- 24 Fat (g)
- 12 Saturated Fat (g)
- 91 Carbohydrates (g)
- 1 Fiber (g)
- 76 Sugar (g)
- 4 Protein (g)
- 80 Cholesterol (mg)
- 470 Sodium (mg)
Cake is often considered as a comfort food as it makes people feel good especially when they feel low.
Although cake is usually not considered as a healthy food, two three bites of a piece of cake does not do any harm every once in a while and mocha cake is considered to be nutritious since it is made from natural ingredients which are helpful to the body such as milk and natural grape seed oil which is full of nutritional benefits, hence a slice of mocha cake should not be considered as cheating on a diet but rather cheating to get nutritional value from the cake.