Looking for coconut cookies? These Chewy Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies are slightly crispy on the outside and chewy soft on the inside. More delicious mouth watering Unique Desserts Recipes at our site.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons oatmeal mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper. Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together Organic Coconut Oil, brown sugar, and white sugar until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat for 4 minutes.
- Gradually add flour mixture. Fold in chocolate chips and oatmeal mix.
- Use a medium size ice cream scoop to drop 20 cookies on cookie sheets and arrange them about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake for 9 minutes or until very lightly browned and set.
- 280 Calories (kcal)
- 14 Fat (g)
- 11 Saturated Fat (g)
- 36 Carbohydrates (g)
- 1 Fiber (g)
- 21 Sugar (g)
- 3 Protein (g)
- 20 Cholesterol (mg)
- 160 Sodium (mg)
Now, coming to the main point, benefits of cookies, I would suggest people have some cookies or even cupcakes once in a while, not once in a blue moon. The reason behind is a lot of nutritionists who confidently came to the conclusion that cakes are nutritious also, not just delicious. People think that all delicious foods are not nutritious, but in the case of cakes, they are totally wrong. Try the Online cake delivery and let the happiness find its way with all the nutritious.
Rich in Carbohydrates, Proteins, and Fiber: Flour and sugar used in baking a cookies are sources of carbohydrates and we already know that carbohydrates provide energy to our body. Milk present in it provides proteins and calcium. Some fruits like apples, pineapples, and bananas are rich in fiber and these fruits are present in fruity cookies and some other as well.
Increase the Serotonin & Endorphin Levels: A slice of chocolate cookie can easily let you handle the anxiety as chocolates and nuts can effectively increase the serotonin and endorphin levels in a short span of time.
Help in Beating Depression: Experts have proved the fact that nutritious present in a cookies can help in making you happy and acts as a catalyst in beating depression. It comforts you and stops you being upset.
Make you Slim: Yes, it helps in that, but the only condition is you have to eat a piece of cookie in the morning only to improve your metabolism.
Rich in Fats and Oils: Cookies are the source of Fats and Oils too. Fats and oils give you the energy and warmth.
In short, cookies have all the necessary nutrients for our body. If you are still not convinced of the benefits, then God knows what can convince you. But I think these details would suffice. Apart from the nutritious, we all love cookies for being so yummy and crunchy.