We all are crazy for mouth watering yummy cup cakes. Visit our site for more Sweets Recipes.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 18-20 mins
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 bag Heavenly Chocolate Mousse Mix
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons bourbon
- To prepare the cupcakes, preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 12 cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Whisk together bourbon, melted butter, and Heavenly Chocolate Mousse Mix. In a second bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a third bowl, beat together the egg and Greek yogurt with an electric hand mixer until smooth.
- Beat in the bourbon mixture followed by the sugar. On low speed, slowly beat in the flour mixture until just incorporated. Divide batter among 12 muffin cups. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Move to a wire rack to cool.
- To prepare the pecans, preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a sheet pan with foil. In a small bowl, combine the bourbon, cinnamon, vanilla, and brown sugar.
- Add the pecans and toss to coat. Spread on the foil-lined sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- To prepare the frosting, beat together the butter and cream with an electric hand mixer until smooth. Beat in the powdered sugar until completely incorporated. Beat in the bourbon and half of the candied pecans.
- Chill before frosting the cupcakes if necessary. Frost the cupcakes and top with remaining candied pecans.
- 380 Calories (kcal)
- 20 Fat (g)
- 11 Saturated Fat (g)
- 44 Carbohydrates (g)
- 2 Fiber (g)
- 34 Sugar (g)
- 34 Protein (g)
- 60 Cholesterol (mg)
- 160 Sodium (mg)
Though numerous persons claim that a low-fat food is the finest way to live a healthy existence, the healthy fats of pecans are powerful in the production of antioxidants, reduction of irritation and just deliver a great-tasting addition to nearly any dish. Contrary to what numerous popular figures might tell you, eating a diet low in dietary fat is not very helpful to you at all.
In addition to its standing as a food high in healthy fats, pecan contain more than half the daily required amount of manganese, which is valuable in a variety of ways, including in weight loss efforts. Though it’s not totally clear why, manganese, particularly combined with other helpful nutrients, helps decrease heaviness in obese or over-heavy men and women.
One such helpful nutrient is copper, also found in significant amounts in pecan. Copper is vital in more than 50 different metabolic enzyme reactions essential for upholding a fast metabolism, and in the formation of ATP, the body’s source of energy.
Copper isn’t the only essential nutrient for the manufacture of ATP found in pecans. Your body also wants other nutrients to complete this job, including thiamine, also known as vitamin B1. Thiamine not only helps boost energy levels in ATP manufacture, but also in the process of red blood cell manufacture, which your body uses as energy fuel, also.