12 Ingredients 1 frozen whole wheat pie crust 5 small Gala apples sliced 1/3 cup sugar 1/4 cup whole wheat flour 1 tablespoon Chai Tea Mix 1/8 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup Organic Coconut Oil 3/4 cup whole wheat flour 1/2 cup light brown sugar 1 tablespoon Chai Tea Mix DIRECTIONS. For more Fruity Desserts Recipes, visit our site.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 50 mins
- 1 frozen whole wheat pie crust
- 5 small Gala apples sliced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon Chai Tea Mix
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Organic Coconut Oil
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Chai Tea Mix
- Switch on the oven to a temperature of 425 degrees F to preheat. Take the pie crust from the freezer.
- Toss the apples, sugar, flour, one tablespoon Wildtree Chai Tea Mix, and salt together to make the streusel.
- Put the apples in the pie crust. Keep it aside to set.
- Mix all the streusel topping ingredients. Next, evenly crumble the mixture on the top of the pie.
- Use an aluminum foil to cover. Make some holes in the top of the foil with a knife to vent steam.
- Bake for 30 minutes before you remove the foil. After you remove the foil, bake for an additional 20 minutes or until apples become soft, and the crumble is lightly browned
- 380 Calories (kcal)
- 20 Fat (g)
- 14 Saturated Fat (g)
- 50 Carbohydrates (g)
- 3 Fiber (g)
- 20 Sugar (g)
- 3 Protein (g)
- 188 Sodium (mg)
Common chai spices such as cardamom, cinnamon, and ginger contain antioxidants and photochemical with properties for cancer-prevention .If you have a cold, Chai is also beneficial for warming the system. For the ladies, if it's that time of the month and a hot water bottle isn't helping, a brew of chai should do the trick.
To make the perfect pie, you must start by choosing the perfect pie crust. You should pick the best type of apples and the right variety. Your apple pie should never be short of anything other than fabulous. The crust should be flaky, the apple crisp and each bite you take should leave you craving more.
To achieve this, keep the butter or margarine cold until it's ready to use. You may also cut it into random-sized pieces instead of cutting it consistently. This way, you will give the crust the much-desired flaky texture. The crust and the apples will either make or break your pie. Therefore you have to choose your apples wisely. Golden Delicious and Granny Smith varieties are the best.
Too much cinnamon tends to reduce the flavor of the apple pie. A teaspoon of cinnamon and nutmeg each at a maximum is enough.
You should precook the apples before baking them. Baking them raw causes them to shrink, leaving your pie looking flat and less-than-appealing. You can precook them in the microwave, stir them in a pan over the stove, steam or bake them in the oven.
After removing your pie from the oven, you should let it cool before you dig into it completely. Otherwise, the pie will be runny since it did not get time to set yet. The chilled cake also allows you to taste more of the flavors than one fresh from the oven. Apple pie is complete when served with vanilla ice cream! Sit down, relax and enjoy.