Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 25 mins Servings: 10 Ingredients 1/2 cup pitted dates 1 cup boiling water 1 banana 1/4 cup Organic Coconut Oil 1 teaspoon Organic Coconut Oil 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 teaspoons Hearty Oatmeal. Visit our site for more Recipes Delicious Desserts.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon organic coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons oatmeal mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips melted
- In a temperature of three hundred and fifty degrees, pre-heat oven.
- Take an eight by eight baking dish and grease it.
- Boil water and put it in a clean bowl, add dates and cover it.
- Leave dates to soak in boiled water for at least five minutes.
- Drain the dates and put them in a blender or a food processing machine.
- Add to it the banana, a quarter cup of organic coconut oil, vanilla extract, Hearty oatmeal Mix in and baking soda.
- Blend thoroughly until it becomes smooth.
- Stir oats into the date mixture and press firmly into prepared baking dish.
- Bake it for about twenty-five minutes until it is firm and turns golden in colour.
- Remove it from oven and let it cool completely.
- After it cools, remove from pan and slice it into bars.
- Melt chocolate chips with a remaining teaspoon of organic coconut oil
- After the bars have cooled down, drizzle them with the melted chocolate.
- Store them in an airtight container.
- 170 Calories (kcal)
- 8 Fat (g)
- 6 Saturated Fat (g)
- 20 Carbohydrates (g)
- 3 Fiber (g)
- 10 Sugar (g)
- 4 Protein (g)
- 75 Sodium (mg)
This kind of food is delicious, soft, chewy and simple to make. It is very common during morning hours, and most people take it for breakfast to energize their bodies The ingredients are also very cheap in the market. The food is suitable and healthiest ta all ages whether old or young. It is sugar-free and therefore suitable for people suffering from diabetes.
Granola presence in this food is helpful in aiding digestion. It is therefore beneficial to people with digestion problems. The fibre in it is of two kinds, the soluble one and the insoluble one, making it suitable for anyone digestion system. The soluble fibre reduces constipation which can cause complications in somebody's health. On the other hand, Insoluble fibre is vital in hardening stools, and therefore it reduces diarrhoea.
Granola is low in cholesterol and sodium. Those two components when taken in excess can cause obesity. It is therefore advisable to take food with granola because it has low sodium and cholesterol and the chances of getting obesity are very low.
Another very important aspect of taking granola is that, it is very rich in energy, and therefore it will boost you when you need it. It has also been proven to contain manganese, an integral mineral for the liver and kidney to work well.
Granola contains vitamin C which boosts and promotes the immune system by stimulating the white blood cells. This food also contains iron which is very vital for the formation of Red blood cells. It is, therefore, suitable for people suffering from anaemia.