Roasted Cinnamon Sugar Chickpeas is an easy recipe for crunchy cinnamon-sugar roasted chickpeas.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon Natural Grapeseed Oil
- 1 teaspoon Hearty Oatmeal Mix-In: Sugar & Spice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Thereafter, take a sheet pan and line it with several layers of paper towels.Run the chickpeas under cold water to rinse them. Do this until the water is clear(this indicates all the starch has been removed). Dry the rinsed chickpeas by patting them dry using the paper towels.
- Toss the chickpeas with Natural Grapeseed Oil. Use your hands to spread the chickpeas in a single layer on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from oven and season with Hearty Oatmeal Mix-In: Sugar & Spice. Return the pan to the oven to bake for 10 more minutes. Remove pan from oven and drizzle with honey or omit the honey if you are trying to cut calories.
- 120 Calories (kcal)
- 5 Fat (g)
- 0 Saturated Fat (g)
- 15 Carbohydrates (g)
- 4 Fiber (g)
- 4 Sugar (g)
- 4 Protein (g)
- 0 Cholesterol (mg)
- 115 Sodium (mg)
Chickpeas are also called Garbanzo beans. To reduce the amount of salt, rinse the canned beans or simply prepare your own following the instructions on the packaging. To reduce the amount of sugar, skip the honey. Chickpeas are a good source of fiber and protein.
Fun Fact: Hummus is made from Chickpeas.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER