Smoky Butternut Squash Paella serves: 4-6 and has a preparation time of only 10 minutes, with cooking time being a further 20 minutes. If you are looking for a healthy butternut squash recipe, this is it.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
- 4 cups butternut squash peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Rancher Steak Rub
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 leeks diced
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Galore Seasoning Blend
- 2 tablespoons Java Rub
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 4 cups hot water
- 8 teaspoons Vegetable Bouillon Soup Base
- Switch on the oven to a temperature of 425 degrees F to preheat. Lightly grease a sheet pan.
- In a larger dish, toss together the squash, one tablespoon Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil, and Rancher Steak Rub. Spread the mixture uniformly on the sheet pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn and cook the other side for 15 minutes as well.
- In the meantime, add the remaining two tablespoons Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet placed over medium heat. When hot enough, add the onions. Fry until they become soft. Stir in the leeks and sauté 2-3 minutes more. Add the Garlic Galore Seasoning Blend, Java Rub, and rice. Fry until rice is lightly toasted.
- Add the white wine and stir to unglaze the bottom of the pan; sauté until wine is absorbed. Stir in diced tomatoes, Vegetable Bouillon Soup Base, and water. Cover and let it simmer for approximately 15-20 minutes. Occasionally stir. Cook until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is soft and tender.
- Top with the roasted butternut squash.
- 220 Calories (kcal)
- 7 Fat (g)
- 0.5 Saturated Fat (g)
- 36 Carbohydrates (g)
- 4 Fiber (g)
- 6 Sugar (g)
- 4 Protein (g)
- 0 Cholesterol (mg)
- 780 Sodium (mg)
When you go to purchase butternut, you should select squash that has an even cream color. The skin should be firm, and the squash feels heavy for its size. If it has soft spots and appear dull with wrinkled skin, do not buy.
Butternut squashis packed with nutrients. Its flesh is full of vitamins A, and C.Roasted butternut has a naturally sweet flavor. Its seeds contain plenty of protein and good fats healthy for your heart. You can also bake, or use it in a puree, in soups or stews, and as a sweet addition to other hearty winter dishes.
Always store squash in a cool and dark place. If stored properly, it can keep for up to a month. Once you have cut it, wrap it in plastic before refrigerating. It can stay fresh for up to 5 days in the fridge.
You should use a wide pan while making paella. The pan should be medium weight and nonstick. A wide and shallow pan allows faster evaporation of the moisture. Avoid covering the paella while cooking.
The base of the pan should not be too thick as it will retain heat causing the food to overcook. Alternatively, you can use a paella pan. Toasting the rice before adding any liquid allows for its nuttiness to come out
Smoky Butternut Squash Paella does not only look appetizing, but it is also delicious. It is equally nutritious .Serve it for your dinner and your family will really enjoy.