Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds baby red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil
- 2 teaspoons Rodeo Rub
- 1 avocado diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Switch on the oven to a temperature of 450 degrees F to preheat. Grease a sheet pan.
- Get a large pot, place the potatoes in, and fill it with water. Ensure the potatoes are covered by an inch. Boil over high heat for 10-15 minutes until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and leave them for 5 minutes to cool.
- Transfer the potatoes to a sheet pan. Use the bottom of a jar or coffee mug to flatten each of them to a ½ inch thickness. Trickle some Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil on each potato. Season with Rodeo Rub.
- Bake the smashed potatoes for 25 minutes until crispy.
- Meanwhile, blend avocado, garlic, olive oil mayonnaise, and lemon juice to a smooth consistency.
- Serve potatoes. Garnish with avocado aioli and parsley
- 200 Calories (kcal)
- 11 Fat (g)
- 1.5 Saturated Fat (g)
- 23 Carbohydrates (g)
- 4 Fiber (g)
- 2 Sugar (g)
- 3 Protein (g)
- 5 Cholesterol (mg)
- 190 Sodium (mg)
Potatoes are full of nutrients such as vitamin C and potassium. They are useful in boosting your body's immune system, and also help in weight loss. They are a versatile vegetable. You can either have the mashed, smashed, roasted baked, grilled, fried or crushed.
When buying baby red potatoes, you should look out for clean, firm-textured, smooth ones. Avoid buying those with cuts, bruises or is discolored. To clean, scrub the potatoes gently using a vegetable brush under cold running water. Use a sharp knife to peel your potatoes.
If you want to preserve the color of cut potatoes in water, add some lemon juice or a small amount of vinegar to the cold water .To retain water-soluble vitamins, do not soak for more than two hours.
To achieve that crispy bit, drizzle the smashed potatoes with oil before cooking. Bake until golden brown to get the extra crunch.
Avocado aioli is such a wonderful creamy sauce. Use it as a sauce for dipping, dressing or as an accompaniment. Avocados are great for proper vision. They contain photochemical that are concentrated in the eye tissues thereby offering protection to the eyes and help minimize damage. The fruit is also full of natural fiber. It helps prevent constipation as well as maintain a healthy digestive tract. If you have enough fibers in your diet, your bowel movement will also be trouble free. You will be able to detoxify naturally.
Adding garlic to the smashed potatoes goes further to enhance its flavor and health benefits. Garlic has an intense aromatic flavor. You can use it either raw in a salad or cooked. Consuming it also helps lower levels of cholesterol in the blood and reduces the buildup of plaque in the arteries