Sage Citrus Stuffing is a super simple and healthy. It makes for a quick, tasty, and easy lunch or dinner Healthy Recipe Sides recipe.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 50 mins
- 5 cups cubed bread cubed
- 2 teaspoons Chicken Bouillon Soup Base
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Natural Grapeseed Oil
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons Sage Citrus Dry Rub
- 1/2 teaspoon Gourmet Sea Salt: Garlic
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 large egg
- Switch on the oven to a temperature of 375 degrees F to preheat.
- Lightly oil an 8 x 8 inch baking dish
- Arrange the bread in a single layer on a sheet pan .Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together Chicken Bouillon Soup Base and water. Give it time to soak.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Place a 10-inch non stick skillet over medium heat. Heat the Natural Grapeseed Oil. Saute the onion and celery for 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetables, bread, parsley, thyme, Sage Citrus Dry Rub, Gourmet Sea Salt: Garlic, and butter to the mixing bowl with ½ cup of the prepared bouillon. Toss to combine.
- Whisk the remaining 1/2 cup prepared bouillon together with an egg.
- Gently fold the bouillon egg broth into the bread mixture.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for 15 to 20 minutes more or until the stuffing is adequately cooked. The internal temperature should be 160 degrees F.
- 180 Calories (kcal)
- 8 Fat (g)
- 3 Saturated Fat (g)
- 22 Carbohydrates (g)
- 2 Fiber (g)
- 3 Sugar (g)
- 5 Protein (g)
- 40 Cholesterol (mg)
- 500 Sodium (mg)
Instead of buying Chicken bouillon soup base, you can easily make yours at home. It is in form of cubes and used as a flavoring to soups and stews. Homemade chicken bouillon soup base is a healthier alternative to the store bought ones which are usually extremely salty. You can however go for the low sodium varieties. Always go for the best chicken as well as ingredients of high quality for a perfect bouillon.
Celery is an excellent plant that is light green. It has some tangy and salty taste. It is an ingredient in many types of stews and salads. Celery has fantastic fiber content for keeping your digestion properly regulated. It also keeps the stomach lining healthy and helps maintain healthy bacteria levels in the intestines.
Celery contains antioxidants in abundance and consuming it helps you to avoid many potential diseases and infections of the gallbladder, and kidneys; which are triggered by toxins. If you are on a weight loss diet, do not forget celery. It is low in calories .It is also a useful component in soups, stews, and broth. Whenever you have hunger pangs, it is a great snack to munch on. You can also cut it into strips and consume it as gluten -free snack.