Rice and beans or beans and rice is type of dish made from a combination of staple foods in many cultures around the world. This rice Simple Sides recipe is a must try.
Rice and Beans is one of the best side recipes out there!
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon Natural Grapeseed Oil
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 cup dry white rice(Basmati Rice is my favorite-very aromatic)
- 4 teaspoons Vegetable Broth Mix
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Fajita Seasoning
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 tomato diced
- 1/2 avocado diced
- Add Natural Grapeseed Oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. When hot enough, stir in the onions and sauté for five minutes. Add the rice, vegetable broth, tomato sauce, and Fajita Seasoning.mix well to combine. Bring to a boil. Cover and lower the heat. Simmer 15-20 minutes or until rice becomes soft and tender. Stir occasionally. In case all the liquid get finished before the rice is properly cooked, add ½ cup of water.
- Add the black beans and lime juice to the rice mixture using the folding in method. Continue cooking until beans are heated through.
- Serve rice and beans with diced tomato, cilantro, avocado, and any other toppings of your choice.
- 210 Calories (kcal)
- 6 Fat (g)
- 0.5 Saturated Fat (g)
- 33 Carbohydrates (g)
- 8 Fiber (g)
- 1 Sugar (g)
- 7 Protein (g)
- 710 Sodium (mg)
To make perfect fluffy rice, you should use a pot whose bottom is heavy enough to prevent burning or scorching. You should add salt when the rice is still cooking to ensure that there is an even flavoring. Cover the pot while still simmering and ensure that you are using low heat. Remove from heat and before you toss it using a fork, leave it covered for 10 minutes. If you cover it, it will give the rice time to distribute the moisture evenly. It will help avoid a situation where the top of the rice is dry while the one at the bottom is still wet.
Black beans have a high amount of folate and dietary fiber. Consuming them may help lower your chances of developing chronic disease. They are healthy .fiber helps reduce the cholesterol levels in the blood thus decreasing the risks of heart ailments. They are rich in slow-digesting carbohydrates, protein, and fiber. You, therefore, feel fuller for longer after consuming them. The slow release of sugars to the blood has soothing effects on blood sugar levels.
They have antioxidants which are believed to offer protection to the cells in your body from the free radicals. They may also provide benefits to your skin by preventing premature aging as a result of overexposure to sunlight
The beans contain a dense and meaty texture. It is a favorite dish for a vegetarian diet. You can cook black beans in a variety of methods but still get the same nutritional benefits. Even after removing them from heat, the beans continue to cook. It is advisable to remove them from heat before they cook entirely or let them cook and after that immerse them in cold water after boiling.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER