Marinated Cucumbers and Onions. Get into the amazing world of red onion and cucumber salad Vegetable Side Dishes Recipes. Breakfast sides were never any better.
Prep Time: 18 mins
Cook Time: 3 mins
- 4 medium cucumbers
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Natural Grapeseed Oil
- 1 tablespoon SPG Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Dill Dip Blend
- Get two quart-sized canning jars with lids for keeping this salad.
- Slice thin pieces of cucumbers and onions. Place the thin slices in each jar alternating cucumber and onion.
- Add vinegar, water, and honey in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Take it from heat. Stir in the Wildtree Natural Grapeseed Oil, SPG Seasoning, and Wildtree Dill Dip Blend. Mix well to combine.
- Divide the mixture into two halves. Slowly pour each half per jar. Seal jars using the lids. Shake well to combine. Place in the fridge. Marinate for an hour or overnight.
- 90 Calories (kcal)
- 1.5 Fat (g)
- 0 Saturated Fat (g)
- 19 Carbohydrates (g)
- 1 Fiber (g)
- 14 Sugar (g)
- 1 Protein (g)
- 0 Cholesterol (mg)
- 80 Sodium (mg)
Cucumber is a versatile food. You can add it to a variety of dishes be it salads, soups, and stews Cucumbers consist of water. They are useful in preventing dehydration especially during summer. If you are working out, make cucumber be part of your daily intake as it will help you stay hydrated for long.
Adding cucumber and mint to your drinking water, increases your chances of drinking more water too. A well-hydrated body means that your intestines are healthy and your chances of constipating are minimal. You also stay away from kidney stones.
Cucumbers are high in Vitamin K.Sufficient consumption of this vitamin is associated with healthy bones. Vitamin K also improves the absorption calcium which contributes to good bone health. Cucumbers also help control and prevent diabetes. They contain properties which help lower spikes in blood sugar.
Onion is the only ingredient that you will never miss in any cuisine worldwide. It is a must have vegetable in every kitchen. It has many uses. It adds a pleasant aroma to whatever recipe. When buying onions, you should select those with dry, papery, smooth outer skin. Onions should be heavy for their size. Avoid soft and sprouting onions and even those with black spots. Gently squeeze the onion. If soft, do not buy. It is a sign of rotting. The onion's flesh should be firm.
You can store onions in a well-ventilated, cool and dark place for up to a month. Avoid storing them near potatoes. If already sliced, refrigerate in a tightly sealed jar for up to 3 days.
You no longer have to cry when cutting your onions. Ensure to use a sharp knife. Peeling the onion under running water also helps. You can also freeze the onion for approximately 20 minutes away from the time you want to cut it.
Red onions are a dry onion. They are used on salads and ham. Mix it with cucumber and marinate to make an excellent salad.