Creole Sweet Potato Cakes is one of the best Potatoes Recipes In Oven Side Dishes. Try more of potato dinner, potato lunch, and potato breakfast recipes at our website.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 bag Creole Skillet Meal
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil
- Fill a large saucepan with enough water to cover the sweet potatoes, bring to a boil over high heat, and cook for 10-15 minutes until fork tender. Strain, mash and cool the sweet potatoes.
- Mix frozen peas, red onion, Creole Skillet Meal, whole wheat breadcrumbs, and whole wheat flour with mashed sweet potatoes until combined. Heat 1 tablespoon Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Form sweet potato cakes using a rounded tablespoon and sear for 3-5 minutes on each side until light browned.
- Replace Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil between batches if needed.
- 90 Calories (kcal)
- 3.5 Fat (g)
- 13 Carbohydrates (g)
- 2 Fiber (g)
- 3 Sugar (g)
- 2 Protein (g)
- 55 Sodium (mg)
The fiber content in sweet potatoes is higher than that of common potatoes and they taste good too! When these two factors are combined with other minerals like magnesium, which is present in sweet potatoes, it makes an excellent facilitator for digestion. Sweet potatoes are easy to digest as well since they mainly contain starch. They are soothing to the stomach and intestines, so you can avoid any difficulties of digesting them.sweet potatoes
Sweet potatoes contain good amounts of complex starch, along with healthy vitamins, minerals, and proteins. Moreover, they are very easy to digest. Thus, they provide a lot of energy and are excellent bulk builders for people looking to gain weight.
People who have recently suffered from illnesses, or are self-conscious about being frail or abnormally thin should welcome this news about sweet potatoes since there are no associated side effects, which most of the synthetic bulk building dietary supplements have.
Sweet potatoes have anti-inflammatory properties, although they belong to different food families. This is primarily due to the presence of beta-carotene, vitamin C, and magnesium. They are equally effective in curing internal and external inflammation.
Sweet potatoes are excellent immune system boosters that defend your body from a wide variety of conditions. They are very rich in beta-carotene, which is a major antioxidant, along with vitamin C and B complex vitamins, iron, and phosphorus. All these nutrients help in strengthening the immunity and keeping you healthy.
Sweet potatoes are effective in curing congestion of the nose, bronchi, and lungs; thereby, giving relief from asthma. The aroma of these potatoes helps in this relief.
Sweet potatoes are believed to be capable of warming up the body, possibly due to the sweetness and other nutrients that impact body temperature. This property is also beneficial for people suffering from bronchitis, along with its powerful effect on congestion. The concentration of vitamin C, iron, and other nutrients helps cure bronchitis.
Beta-carotene, magnesium, zinc, and vitamin B complex make sweet potatoes a highly important food source for managing arthritis. The water in which sweet potatoes are boiled can also be applied externally on joints to ease the associated pain of arthritis..