Cheddar & Herb Potatoes Au Gratin. Looking for some sides' meals? Try out this extremely delicious homemade potato Simple Sides recipe with cheddar cheese and herb skillet.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 1 hour 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 1 bag Cheddar and Herb Skillet Meal
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 pound yellow potatoes thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chives finely chopped
- Switch on the oven to a temperature of 350 degrees F to preheat. Use melted butter to grease a 9 x 9-inch baking sheet.
- Whisk together the Cheddar & Herb Skillet Meal and milk. Add Cheddar & Herb Skillet Meal and milk in a small bowl. Whisk them together. Pour a small amount into the baking sheet to make a thin layer. Spread a thin layer of potatoes, followed by onions. Top with another coating of the milk mixture. Repeat this layering two more times. Top with a final layer of potatoes, milk mixture, if any, and the shredded cheese.
- Tightly cover with an aluminum foil. Make some holes on the foil using a knife to vent the steam.
- Bake for 1 hour. Remove foil. Bake for 20 minutes more or until potatoes become soft and the cheese on top is golden and bubbling.
- Top with fresh chives
- 130 Calories (kcal)
- 5 Fat (g)
- 3 Saturated Fat (g)
- 15 Carbohydrates (g)
- 1 Fiber (g)
- 3 Sugar (g)
- 5 Protein (g)
- 15 Cholesterol (mg)
- 340 Sodium (mg)
Cheese and herbs are timeless pairings that you can prepare. It is so easy to use cheese in the kitchen. You can incorporate it in almost every dish. Herbs are magical! They enhance the flavor of any dish.
Cheeses vary from moist and soft to dry and almost flaky. Whatever type of cheddar you choose it will affect how you pair your cheese with herbs. To create a balance of flavors, ensure you know how to match them.
How do you know if the cheese you are buying is suitable? The only sure way is by you tasting it. While in the shop, sample a few to be sure of what you are buying. The length of flavor characterizes a good cheese.
Potatoes are full of nutrients such as vitamin C and potassium. They are useful in boosting your body's immune system, and also help in weight loss.
When buying potatoes, you should look out for clean, firm-textured, smooth ones. To clean, scrub the potatoes gently using a vegetable brush under cold running water. Use a sharp knife to peel your potatoes.
If you want to preserve the color of cut potatoes in water, add some lemon juice to the cold water. To retain water-soluble vitamins, do not soak for more than two hours.
For a rich side dish, go for potatoes Au Gratin. You can have them with just about any main dish at your disposal. Potatoes au gratin are easier than you think! Russets or Yukon Gold potatoes are the best for perfect au gratin potatoes. They are high in starch hold their shape well while cooking.