Balsamic Green Beans with Pancetta is a tasty green beans Recipes For Sides Dishes with caramelized onions and pancetta. Easy to cook in 10 min, enjoy the savory green beans.
These delicious Balsamic Green Beans with Pancetta make a perfect Thanksgiving or holiday side dish!
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
- 1 cup diced pancetta
- 12 ounces green beans
- 1 teaspoon Herb & Garlic Dip Mix
- 1/4 cup Apple Balsamic Vinegar
- Place a large sized nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add the pancetta. Fry until they are well browned. Place on a paper-lined towel to drain grease. Leave only a little that will be used to fry the green beans.
- In a separate pot, bring some water to boil. Blanch the beans in hot boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Remove from the boiling water and drain.
- Add the green beans to the pancetta.mix to combine. Season with the Herb & Garlic Dip Mix and quickly fry for a minute. Add the Balsamic Vinegar. Continue cooking until the vinegar is reduced.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- 210 Calories (kcal)
- 17 Fat (g)
- 6 Saturated Fat (g)
- 9 Carbohydrates (g)
- 4 Fiber (g)
- 4 Sugar (g)
- 6 Protein (g)
- 25 Cholesterol (mg)
- 330 Sodium (mg)
When you go to purchase pancetta, select the ones that are bright pink and fresh. It should have white marbling which also adds to its sweetness. It should not be too wet. Neither should it be too dry and withered. Good pancetta should be damp.
Pancetta is high in protein, low in fat and has more B-vitamins. These vitamins have significant roles in the body, including metabolism and energy. It also contains healthy doses of selenium as well as zinc.
Cook your pancetta correctly to get the full benefit from it. No matter the recipe or method of cooking you are using you must, ensure that is well cooked. This is to prevent foodborne illness from bacteria.
To store your pancetta, cover it well. Place in the refrigerator but store it away from other foods that are to be consumed raw. In case of any foul smell, throw it away.
Green beans, also known as snap or string beans, are picked while the seed is immature and the shells are soft and tender. They bring out their best taste if they are still thinner than a pencil and younger at the time of picking.
They are full of antioxidants such as beta-carotene and lutein, and flavonoids which help in reducing fats in the body. It is also an excellent source of vitamin A, and C.Vitamin C is useful in fighting infections like colds and flu. They are high in vitamin K, manganese, and fiber. Green beans also contain iron, magnesium, potassium, calcium, and manganese, and potassium, which are vital for metabolism.
Even after removing them from heat, the beans continue to cook. It is advisable to remove them from heat before they cook entirely or let them cook and after that immerse them in cold water after boiling.
Balsamic vinegar is not only delicious in salads and cocktails. It equally stands out it other types of meals right from meat, fish poultry, and vegetables. It gives your dish a spicy, rich flavor.