Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 1 1/2 cups dry couscous
- 3 tablespoons Natural Grapeseed Oil
- 1/3 cup Sherry Wine Jam
- 1 ounce arugula
- 2 ounces dried apricots finely diced
- 1/2 tablespoon rosemary minced
- 1 tablespoon thyme minced
- 1/4 cup parsley minced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Prepare couscous as per the instructions on its package.
- When prepared, transfer the couscous in a medium sized bowl. Add a tablespoon of Natural Grapeseed Oil. Refrigerate.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk Sherry Wine Jam and the rest of Natural Grapeseed Oil until they are both emulsified. Whisk together Sherry wine Jam and the remaining Natural Grapeseed Oil in a small mixing bowl until they both emulsify.
- When well chilled, remove the couscous from the refrigerator. Add aragula, apricots, rosemary, thyme, parsely, and almonds. Mix to combine. Add Sherry wine vinaigrette.
- Serve with any meat dish of your choice.
- 260 Calories (kcal)
- 3 Fat (g)
- 52 Carbohydrates (g)
- 10 Sugar (g)
- 7 Protein (g)
- 10 Sodium (mg)
Homemade saladsare usually the best.Why? At home you have a wide variety of ingredients to choose from .You may customize your salad just the way you want. Sherry wine jam enhances the aroma and flavor of the food. However; you should use it with a lot of care to avoid interfering with the taste and flavor of your dish.
Couscous has a nutty flavor and chewy bite. It has fiber which is beneficial for weight management. It aids in the absorption of water which makes your digestive swell, making you feel satisfied. It also prevents constipation by keeping the foods travel through all your body parts.
Couscous is a whole-grain food and a good source of vitamins B. It provides thiamin, niacin, riboflavin, B6, and folate. These nutrients are used in energy metabolism, maintaining healthy red blood cells, keep your skin, circulatory system and respiratory system properly functioning.
Sherry Wine Couscous Salad is an easy salad recipe. Itis a great salad recipe for busy days. Couscous by itself does not have much flavor. Cooking it together with a variety of vegetables spices, and stock helps bring it out its taste. You can serve it in recipes by adding it to soups, mixing it with sautéed veggies, or as a side dish, or breakfast cereal .Do not forget to gently fluff the couscous once you get it out of the pot to help prevent it getting dense.
Arugula is an ancient green leafy vegetable. It is rich in Vitamin K which is known to promote bone density and facilitate muscle regeneration. Try growing some in your backyard. If you are looking for weight loss salad, look no more.Aragula is a unique vegetable to incorporate into your diet regularly if you are after losing weight in a healthier way .It helps to cut down the calories and keeps the nutrition up. Add arugula leaves to your smoothies or salads. to ensure that you are eating it regularly.