Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons Apple Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Basil Pesto Grapeseed Oil divided
- 1 tablespoon Herbes de Provence Blend
- 1/2 cup lentils
- 2 scallions sliced
- 1 apple diced
- 2 celery stalks sliced
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup pistachios chopped
- Add chicken breasts, Apple Balsamic Vinegar, 1 tablespoon Basil Pesto Grapeseed Oil, and Herbes de Provence Blend in a bowl. Mix to combine. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Prepare lentils as per the instructions on its package. Transfer to a bowl and set it aside.
- Place a 12 inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and sauté each side for approximately 5 minutes or until it is adequately cooked .The internal temperature should be 165 degrees F.
- As the chicken is cooking, toss scallions, apple, and celery together with lemon juice and remaining 1 tablespoon Basil Pesto Grapeseed Oil.
- Fold in the spinach, cooked lentils, and parsley.
- Slice the chicken thinly and serve over salad.
- Garnish with pistachios.
- 350 Calories (kcal)
- 13 Fat (g)
- 1.5 Saturated Fat (g)
- 27 Carbohydrates (g)
- 7 Fiber (g)
- 9 Sugar (g)
- 34 Protein (g)
- 65 Cholesterol (mg)
- 150 Sodium (mg)
Lentils are legumes with a rich nutty flavor. They cook pretty much fast. They, therefore, do not need of soaking. Nutritionally, they contain dietary fiber, B-vitamins, protein. They have zero calories.
When buying apples, you should choose those that are free of blemishes and bruises. They should feel firm when you grip it. A dull looking skin may indicate it's past its prime. You should wash and dry your apples as soon as you bring them home. Store cleaned apples in your refrigerator to preserve freshness for weeks.
Chicken is a very satisfying meal. The different chicken recipes that you can prepare and serve as a main meal or as a salad.
Be it stewing, grilling, or stir frying, chicken will always be sweet. Always ensure to cook it to the correct internal temperatures to avoid consuming uncooked meat. Chicken is prone to food contamination. Maintain high hygienic standards while handling cooking it. The best and safe indicator of a cooked chicken is by checking on its temperature. Its internal temperature should be 165 degrees F.
Boneless skinless chicken breasts are easy to prepare .they also cook faster thus the reason why they are easy to use in recipes. Healthy chicken mealsstart from the point of purchase. You should always go for good quality and fresh chicken. Avoid buying the ones that overstayed in the stores, otherwise you won’t enjoy you dish at all.
Balsamic chicken with apple Lentil salad is a classic protein filled dish. A combination of chicken, lentils, and a variety of vegetables makes this to be a unique salad.