Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 1 cup dry wild rice blend prepared according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons Natural Grapeseed Oil divided
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Pepper Blend
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) container baby bella mushrooms diced
- 2 teaspoons Mediterranean Dry Rub
- 1 bunch asparagus
- Prepare wild rice according to package directions; cover to keep warm.
- Heat grill over medium heat. Clean and grease the grill grates. Coat chicken with 1 tablespoon Natural Grapeseed Oil and season with Lemon Pepper Blend. Grill chicken until cooked through: 165 degrees F.
- Heat remainging 1 tablespoon Natural Grapeseed Oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and Mediterranean Dry Rub; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until soft. Stir mushrooms into prepared wild rice.
- Cut the tough, woody ends from the asparagus. Clean grill grates and place asparagus on the grill. Cook, turning frequently, for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Serve grilled chicken over wild rice mixture with asparagus.
- 400 Calories (kcal)
- 9 Fat (g)
- 1 Saturated Fat (g)
- 44 Carbohydrates (g)
- 6 Fiber (g)
- 6 Sugar (g)
- 36 Protein (g)
- 65 Cholesterol (mg)
- 410 Sodium (mg)
Consuming chicken can balance cortisol hormones in your body. Imbalanced cortisol hormones could in increased stressed levels. This mainly happens due to improper functioning of the adrenal gland. You need to maintain properly working adrenal gland to balance hormones in your body.
Chicken can maintain your cardiovascular health. Nutritionists suggest that adequate servings of chicken throughout the week can help alleviate increased blood pressure and cholesterol levels that contribute to cardiovascular problems like stroke and heart attack. Many studies have also conducted in this regard and revealed that chicken breast contains zero fat content and thus, effective for heart patients. This is possible because chicken is a powerhouse of minerals like magnesium and phosphorus that are known to maintain your cardiovascular health.
Balancing and regulation of fluids present in the body is another critical task performed by chicken in attributing to their effect on osmosis.Drop in the levels of proteins results in a fluid imbalance which may lead to the deviation of acidity or ‘ph’ value in the body from the normal range. Fluid imbalance in the blood may result in leakage of fluid in the blood vessels, which may get accumulated in the tissues causing edema. Fluid balance in the body is also important for other functions such as the functioning of muscles and nerve cells.
Additionally, it plays an important role in muscle contraction and coordination. Muscle growth depends on the adequacy of proteins in the body. It is extremely important to create a balance between the rate of muscle protein synthesis and the breakdown of these muscle proteins. The rate of breakdown of muscle proteins varies depending upon specific conditions, for example, the requirement of protein is different during old age when the breakdown of muscles accelerates and is different for strength trainers who would also need to consider perfect timing along with the amount of protein intake. This meal is best for lunch to generate energy for the muscles for the remaining part of the day.