Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 scallions sliced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 bell peppers diced
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- 2 plantains
- 1/2 cup Natural Grapeseed Oil
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Add chicken, scallions, onion, bell peppers, beans, crushed tomatoes, and Jamaican Jerk Seasoning to a pressure cooker. Cover and cook 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to chili and stir to combine.
- Peel and slice plantains.
- Heat Natural Grapeseed Oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Working in batches, fry plantains for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden. Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate. Season with salt if desired.
- Serve chili with avocado and cilantro. Serve plantains on side.
- 430 Calories (kcal)
- 13 Fat (g)
- 2 Saturated Fat (g)
- 55 Carbohydrates (g)
- 13 Fiber (g)
- 21 Sugar (g)
- 28 Protein (g)
- 55 Cholesterol (mg)
- 820 Sodium (mg)
Various mineral and vitamin deficiency lead to cell and tissue damage in your body that result in swollen lips, peeling and cracking of the skin. Moreover, dry patches on the skin also indicate that your body needs plenty of riboflavin. Thus, consuming chicken regularly can promote the growth of damaged cells and tissues effectively. You can find the high content of riboflavin in chicken breast and liver.
Your immune system requires adequate levels of protein; iron, magnesium, and potassium to function properly that are abundant in this powerful lunch package . When consumed together, these nutrients strengthen cells in your immune system. A strong and boosted immunity then ward off health damaging factors such as toxins, free radicals, and cancerous cells. Therefore, start incorporating Jerk chilli into your daily lunch plan and improve the health of your immune system.
Consuming this meal can be beneficial for your oral health. It can strengthen your teeth and gums alike due to the high content of phosphorus. When you consume phosphorus regularly, it can alleviate factors that weaken your teeth and prevent gums bleeding as well. However, if you observe constant blood in your gums, consult with your dentist immediately as it could be a serious oral problem. In a condition like this, it is suggested to avoid self-medication and opt for professional help.
In most cases, mineral and vitamin deficiency can weaken your nails. Beauty experts and nutritionists have determined that lack of essential nutrients in your body affects your body adversely that results in various nail problems. Therefore, consuming chicken and beans can improve your nail health as it is a combination of iron, potassium, and various vitamins.
Consuming chicken can balance cortisol hormones in your body. Imbalanced cortisol hormones could increase stress levels. This mainly happens due to improper functioning of the adrenal gland. You need to maintain properly working adrenal gland to balance hormones in your body.