Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Fajita Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil
- 1 small sweet potatoes diced
- 1 1/2 cups dry instant brown rice prepared according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- Add black beans, bell pepper, onion, and Fajita Seasoning to a freezer bag and seal. Squeeze to combine ingredients. Freeze.
- Completely thaw freezer bag in the refrigerator before following the recipe.
- Heat Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sweet potatoes and cook for about 10 minutes, or until browned.
- Add contents of freezer bag and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Serve fajita vegetables over cooked brown rice, and top with cilantro and scallions.
- 290 Calories (kcal)
- 4.5 Fat (g)
- 0 Saturated Fat (g)
- 54 Carbohydrates (g)
- 10 Fiber (g)
- 5 Sugar (g)
- 9 Protein (g)
- 0 Cholesterol (mg)
- 260 Sodium (mg)
Fajita bowls are a commonly ignored food that are super healthy, versatile and extremely affordable. They are high in fiber, antioxidants, protein, iron, B vitamins, potassium, magnesium, zinc and copper. Eating it on a regular basis may lower the risk of heart disease, diabetes, colorectal cancer, and helps in managing weight. They are hearty, thus helping you feel fuller for long, steering your clear of overeating.
As we age, we require more nutrition and fewer calories, and beans offer exactly that. Half a cup of beans only pack around 100 calories. Even though they may be notorious for making people gassy, that is no reason to cut them out of your diet. Experts recommend that you consume around three cups of legumes a week – since they are excellent for your health. And the more you consume them, the less likely you are to experience tummy problems.
Meeting daily folate needs may help cope with depression better. Adequate consumption of folate can prevent a boost in homocysteine production in your body. Too much of this hormone can decrease your blood flow and other key nutrients from traveling to the brain, which in turn can disrupt the production of dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin, which regulate sleep, appetite, and mood.
This meal contain copper, which is a key mineral when it comes to optimizing the function of several enzymes, which in turn helps make skin pigment and connective tissues.
Around half a cup of beans packs 7 g of protein, the same amount as in one ounce of chicken, fish or meat. Vegans and people who consume red and white meat can easily count on beans as an excellent substitute.
Folate is a mineral that is a must-have for pregnant women or ones who are considering having children. That’s because eating fajita rice bowls can help the baby grow strong in the womb.
Most beans are around 2% to 3% fat, and contain zero cholesterol, unless they are processed or prepared with other fatty ingredients like lard. To avoid buying fatty beans, it is best to thoroughly read the labels prior to buying the product.