Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 8 mins
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons Blazin' Buffalo Blend divided
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery stalks
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg beaten
- 5 hamburger buns
- Add mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon Blazin' Buffalo Blend, and cider vinegar in a mixing bowl. Whisk together until it becomes smooth.
- Combine the carrot, celery, and cabbage. Refrigerate until serving time.
- In a separate bowl, add the ground chicken, panko, cheddar cheese, egg, and remaining 1 tablespoon Blazin' Buffalo Blend. Mix to combine.
- Shape and make 5 patties from the chicken- panko mixture.
- Grill patties for approximately 4 minutes each side or until it is adequately cooked .The internal temperature should be 165 degrees F. (cooking time depends on the thickness of the burger.)
- Serve on burger buns with prepared slaw.
- 390 Calories (kcal)
- 21 Fat (g)
- 6 Saturated Fat (g)
- 35 Carbohydrates (g)
- 2 Fiber (g)
- 5 Sugar (g)
- 26 Protein (g)
- 130 Cholesterol (mg)
- 660 Sodium (mg)
Whether mild or spicy, Buffalo chicken is an all-time delicacy. Whatever your buffalo chicken recipe; you can either cook buffalo chicken whole, or the wings, or the tenders. When preparing your wings, avoid marinating it for a longer period. They are tender naturally and thus you marinate them is to add to its flavor only.
Chicken is white meat therefore low in cholesterol. Thus the reason why it is good for a healthy heart. Consuming chicken in excess is however not advisable as it can lead to the development of heart disease. Take it in moderation while substituting with other protein foods which are low in cholesterol to get its maximum benefits
Other than being rich in proteins, chicken is also a vital source of vitamins and minerals. Vitamin B is found in chicken and is essential in the prevention of skin disorders and cataract. Vitamin D in chicken helps in the absorption of calcium and strengthening of the bones. Consuming diets which are rich in proteins are useful in weight reduction. If you are trying to reduce your weight, let chicken be part of protein source in your diet.
If possible, take time to make your buffalo sauce the way you love it. You can make your Buffalo blend. The homemade blend is good as you can use the ingredients that you want to suit your tastes. Alternatively, you can also get it from the stores.
Buffalo Chicken is definitely made for dipping. Dip them in any sauce that you love and you will see how yummy they taste. Whether baked, grilled, fried, or roasted, chicken will be always being mouthwatering. Perfect chickenprepared buffalo –style should have a crunch when you bite.