Want to prepare Sweet & Smoky Pot Roast Hash real quick? This easy to make and best healthy beef recipes for breakfast is a delight for the entire family.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons natural grapeseed oil
- 1 (2 pound) beef top round roast
- 1/2 tablespoon Herbed Garlic Sea Salt Blend
- 1/4 cup Sweet & Smoky Glaze
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes diced
- 1/2 cup water
- Place a medium sized non stick skillet over medium to high heat. Heat 1 tablespoon Natural Grapeseed Oil.
- Season the beef with Herbed Garlic Sea Salt Blend.
- Sear all sides of the beef roast .Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 5 hours or until meat becomes tender and shreds easily.
- Remove from the slow cooker .Shred using a fork.
- Return shredded meat to slow cooker. Toss in juices.
- Place a 12 inch non stick skillet over high heat. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon Natural Grapeseed Oil.
- Stir in the onion, bell pepper, and potatoes. Sauté for about 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are browned. Stir occasionally.
- Add water, lower heat and cover. Let it simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are well cooked.
- Add shredded beef.
- Revert to cook on high until well heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper (optional)
- 230 Calories (kcal)
- 7 Fat (g)
- 2 Saturated Fat (g)
- 20 Carbohydrates (g)
- 2 Fiber (g)
- 6 Sugar (g)
- 26 Protein (g)
- 50 Cholesterol (mg)
- 390 Sodium (mg)
The most common and best cuts used for pot roast are chuck, brisket, or round roast. These cuts of meat have less fat compared with the steaks. Moist heat is a must for a slow cooker pot roast. If you cook the chuck roast for long, and slow with liquid, it helps to break down rich collagen. It also tenderizes the meat fibers and adds flavor to the gravy as it cooks.
In any beef recipe, you should always go for lean cuts which have low fat. The beef should also be fresh.
In order to get a dish of tasty beef, you need to brown it first on all sides if the recipe calls for it. Searing your meat is a pure flavor enhancer. You may brown your roast in the same pot that you’ll braise the beef in after deglazing.
When you are making your pot roast, you don't have to throw all the ingredients in your pot at the same time; otherwise, you will end up with mushy vegetables. It is not bad for you to leave the meat swimming in the braising liquid before you finally add the veggies.
Adding vegetables to the meat and gives you a complete one-pot meal .You should cook the beef roast for approximately 1 1/2 to 2 hours in a slow cooker before adding potatoes or any other hearty vegetables go into the pot
It is easier to prepare a slow cooker pot roast than doing a roast, mashed potatoes, gravy and a veggie separately.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER