Beef recipe ideas and skillet recipes just got better and tastier! Try out this healthy beef and homemade beef myfitnesspal recipes breakfast to rediscover taste.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 cups corn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dipping oil
- 2 tablespoons Fajita Seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon Lemon Pepper Blend
- 1 pound red potatoes diced
- 2 teaspoons Fajita Seasoning
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Start by adding ground beef, onion, corn, salt, European Dipping Oil – Tuscan, 2 tablespoon Fajita Seasoning and lemon pepper blend to a freezer bag and seal.
- Squeeze the bag to combine the ingredients. Freeze
- Thaw the freezer bag completely before you start following the recipe. Heat a 12 – inch cast – iron skillet over medium heat.
- Empty the contents of the freezer bag into the skillet. Then toss the potatoes with 2 teaspoons Fajita Seasoning and add to the skillet.
- Then cover and cook for 15 – 20 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Proceed to cook until the potatoes are soft and the beef is cooked through. Use a temperature of about 160 degrees F
- Serve with sour cream and salsa
- 440 Calories (kcal)
- 21 Fat (g)
- 9 Saturated Fat (g)
- 26 Carbohydrates (g)
- 4 Fiber (g)
- 0 Sugar (g)
- 34 Protein (g)
- 110 Cholesterol (mg)
- 430 Sodium (mg)
Cowboy skillet is a meal fully beneficial to the human health. It is undeniable fact that in the world we are living today, many people are forever mindful of the meals they eat. This is particularly contributed by the increasing threat of cancer and other chronic diseases. The meals you eat should not expose you to these threats. Cowboy skillet is meant not only to protect you from these risks, but also provides you a generous supply of other nutrients. Among these nutrients is fiber. Fiber in the diet has got several health benefits.
First, insoluble fiber prevents constipation. Well, you do not want to get yourself embarrassed by bad breath that results from constipation. You should therefore start making cowboy skillet your every day’s preferred dish. More importantly, fiber helps reduce your risks of certain cancers. Research has shown that for every 10 grams of fiber eaten causes a 10 percent reduced risk of colorectal cancer and a 5 percent reduced risk of breast cancer. Apart from the benefit of preventing cancer, fiber rich diets such as veggies and fruits also contain antioxidants and phytochemicals that could further reduce your odds.
Talking of health improvements, it is also important to note that fiber in the diet lowers your odds of a heart disease. Studies show that for every 7 grams of fiber eaten daily, your risk of heart disease drops by 9 percent. This is better explained by the ability of fiber to sop up excess cholesterol in your system and ferry it before it can clog the arteries. Type 2 Diabetes is also heavily prevented by consumption of fiber ion the diet. Researchers believe that fiber offers quite a handful benefits to the body. It will be wiser if you consumed more cowboy skillet to increase the fiber levels in your body.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER