Learn how to prepare Chorizo Frittata quickly. Your loved ones are going to absolutely love this homemade chicken recipes for breakfast.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 20-25 mins
- 2 tablespoons Natural Grapeseed Oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups diced russet potatoes
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 pound chorizo diced
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons Fajita Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Heat Grapeseed Oil in a 10-inch oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, potatoes, and onion and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, reduce heat to medium low, cover, and cook for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Add chorizo and parsley; stir to combine. Whisk together the eggs, milk, and Fajita Seasoning; pour eggs over the top of the potato/chorizo mixture.
- Tilt pan if necessary to be sure the egg reaches over the entire pan.
- Transfer pan to oven and bake about 10 minutes or until egg has set.
- 280 Calories (kcal)
- 19 Fat (g)
- 6 Saturated Fat (g)
- 13 Carbohydrates (g)
- 1 Fiber (g)
- 1 Sugar (g)
- 15 Protein (g)
- 210 Cholesterol (mg)
- 490 Sodium (mg)
Along with many other animal-based foods, chirozo is a kind of sausage from pork and is one of the best dietary sources of high-quality protein.
With age, maintaining muscle mass is an important health consideration. Without exercise and proper diet, muscle mass naturally degenerates with age, an adverse change that is associated with many age-related health problems. In the most severe cases, muscle wasting may lead to a condition called sarcopenia, which is characterized by very low levels of muscle mass and decreased quality of life. Sarcopenia is most common among elderly people. High-quality protein, containing all of the essential amino acids, is very important for the maintenance of muscle mass, especially when coupled with strength training. Inadequate intake of high-quality protein may accelerate age-related muscle degeneration, increasing the risk of sarcopenia. Eating chirozo frittata, or other protein-rich animal foods, is an excellent way to ensure sufficient dietary intake of high-quality protein that may help preserve muscle mass
Meat consumption is not only beneficial for the maintenance of muscle mass, it may also improve muscle function and physical performance. Aside from being rich in high-quality protein, animal muscles (meat) contain a variety of healthy nutrients that are beneficial for our own muscles. These include taurine, creatine, and beta-alanine. Beta-alanine is an amino acid, which is used to produce carnosine in the body. Carnosine is a substance that is important for muscle function. High levels of carnosine in human muscles have, in fact, been linked with reduced fatigue and improved physical performance. Following vegetarian or vegan diets, which are low in beta-alanine, may cut the amount of carnosine in muscles over time. In contrast, high dietary intake of beta-alanine (from supplements) may result in significant increases in the carnosine levels of muscles . As a result, this breakfast, or other rich sources of beta-alanine, may be beneficial for those who want to maximize their physical performance.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER