Chicken waffles recipe is easy to prep and a crowd puller. Even the picky eaters are sure to eat the last crumbs off their plates. Can be eaten as brunch.
The Chicken Waffles Recipe is a decadent brunch recipe that is just like chicken-n-waffles, except we literally put the chicken in the waffle—thus, making it easier to eat.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon Natural Grapeseed Oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bag Buttermilk Pancakes & Waffle Mix
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups low fat milk
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/3 cup Mojo Sauce & Marinade
- 1/4 cup red onion sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- On medium heat, heat the natural grapeseed oil in a 10-inch non-stick pan.
- Add the chicken breasts and cook slowly turning the chicken on each side through 165°F,until it is properly cooked.
- Let it cool and fray it into small pieces.
- Heat a Belgium-style waffle iron on moderate setting.
- In a bowl, mix buttermilk pancakes and waffle mix, eggs, milk and butter altogether.
- Stuff the waffle iron with batter and cook well until the waffle iron indicator shows that it is done.
- While you wait for the waffles to cook, roll the chicken in the sauce and marinade.
- Cover waffles with the mojo chicken and top it up with red onions and cilantro as garnish.
- Serve with your favorite syrup.
- 450 Calories (kcal)
- 17 Fat (g)
- 9 Saturated Fat (g)
- 49 Carbohydrates (g)
- 2 Fiber (g)
- 10 Sugar (g)
- 23 Protein (g)
- 125 Cholesterol (mg)
- 550 Sodium (mg)
When looking for easy recipes for chicken, you are probably doing it for the taste. However, chicken is not only a sumptuous mouthwatering dish but also one full of nutrients. Chicken provides lots of protein and we know it plays as a bodybuilding component.
Protein is, however, not the only benefit of chicken. You also stand to gain from its ample supply of vitamins such as Vitamin A and D, as well as minerals such as phosphorus.
The great benefits of Vitamin A and D to the elderly and children. Therefore, picky eaters will sit and eat this meal.
Waffles are very delicious either for snacking or breakfast. They are made mainly from mixing flour, milk, eggs, butter and baking powder. However, waffles are not plain, and this is where the fun begins. You can top your waffles with your favorite syrup to make it more interesting. Waffles are also similar to pancakes. The only difference is that they are crispy and have pockets too.
I love to prepare this chicken waffles recipe during lazy saturdays when we are just relaxing at home. This is a breakfast recipe that can also be eaten for lunch.
Due to their deliciousness, they are a favorite of children. Take this advantage to lighten the day of your loved ones by making them chicken and waffles. While at it, spice it up by adding a fruit, which will make it more nutritional and tasty. Chicken and waffles is an absolute mix of fun and a delicious dish. The garnishing with red onions and cilantro is also the best you can get out there. Additionally, this dish is easy to make and you can make it one of your family meals.
Let's get cooking. As always, leave a comment below and tell me how you liked this recipe.
CLICK IMAGE TO BUY