Bacon and Cheddar Beer Bread Muffins. Try out these cheesy beer bread muffins breakfast breads recipes.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 8 strips bacon diced
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 20 ounces seltzer
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 bag Quick And Easy Beer Bread Mix
- Switch on the oven to a temperature of 350 degrees to preheat. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
- Place a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sauté bacon until it is crispy. Remove bacon from skillet.
- Add onion in the same skillet. Cook for 10 minutes or until well browned. Stir occasionally.
- Add all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly until it is well combined.
- Fill each of the muffin tins with the bacon beer bread mixture, about ¾ full. Bake muffins for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out dry when pricked at the centre of the muffin.
- Cool for 20 minutes before serving
- 220 Calories (kcal)
- 5 Fat (g)
- 2.5 Saturated Fat (g)
- 33 Carbohydrates (g)
- 1 Fiber (g)
- 4 Sugar (g)
- 8 Protein (g)
- 15 Cholesterol (mg)
- 610 Sodium (mg)
Have you ever taken beer bread? Do you know that beer is a rising agent? It sounds strange, but baking bread with beer is becoming popular. Making beer bread muffins is an enjoyable experience. Bread requires agents to rise, and naturally, beer is a rising agent.
Most of the beer bread recipes usually have Quick & Easy Beer Bread Mix as one of the ingredients. Some recipes though require one to use a specific brand of beer. The type of beer that you use for making your bread will affect its flavor. After mixing your dough, leave it to rise to almost double in size. Ensure you cover to prevent the top surface from drying and forming a skin.
To avoid finding yourself with uncooked bread especially in the middle, you should give your bread enough time to rise. Well risen bread properly takes its shape. It will also get lots of flavors. You can use any kind of beer you want or any flavor your heart desires.
The length of flavor characterizes a good cheese. Meaning that once you taste it for the first time, the flavor will last with you for a while rather than disappearing straight away. In any cheese, you should look for a balance of flavors. When you are buying cheese primarily for cooking, look for something that will melt quickly. When it comes to cooking, cheddar cheese is the best.
Avoid cooking at a very low temperature to avoid coming up with under baked muffins whose crust is too light to hold. When muffins are done, immediately remove them from the muffin tins. Otherwise, they will steam and soften.
Bacon and cheddar beer bread muffins are simple to make. Preparing them won’t take much of your time in the morning. Serve them with your favorite juice or cup of tea for breakfast to kick start your day!
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER