Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 10-15 mins
- 1 sweet potato cut into 12 pieces
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes drained
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Chipotle Lime Rub
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 1/2 bell pepper cut into 12 pieces
- 1/2 large zucchini cut into 12 pieces
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons Natural Grapeseed Oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- Add the sweet potato to a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, then drain. While potatoes are cooking, prepare dipping sauce by pureeing the tomatoes, sour cream, Chipotle Lime Rub, and juice from 1/2 a lime. Set aside.
- Add the potatoes, bell pepper, zucchini, and chicken to a bowl. Toss with Natural Grapeseed Oil and Taco Seasoning. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Preheat grill to medium high. Skewer the seasoned vegetables and chicken onto 4 long skewers. Cut the remaining 1/2 of lime into 4 wedges and add 1 to each skewer. Grill skewers on all sides until chicken is completely cooked through: 165 degrees F.
- Squeeze grilled lime wedges over each skewer. Serve with the creamy tomato dipping sauce.
- 200 Calories (kcal)
- 10 Fat (g)
- 2 Saturated Fat (g)
- 13 Carbohydrates (g)
- 2 Fiber (g)
- 3 Sugar (g)
- 14 Protein (g)
- 90 Cholesterol (mg)
- 290 Sodium (mg)
Many studies have revealed that vitamin B is necessary to maintain psychological health that you can find in chicken. Consuming vitamin B regularly can prevent you from falling prey to stress, anxiety, and memory-loss syndrome. Moreover, it can improve concentration in children and adults alike. Nutritionists are determined that consuming chicken in moderation can help delay age-related psychological diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease.
Anemia is one of the troubling health problems that nutritionists say, shouldn’t be taken lightly. You can treat anemia by consuming foods enriched with iron, a mineral that is widely found in chicken’s liver. It has a high content of vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin E, and vitamin K that contribute to producing red blood cells. When your body obtains the required amount of iron and vitamins, it can produce and balance red blood cells that will eventually deal with anemia. However, in case of severe deficiency, it is suggested to consult with your primary care doctor and refrain from self-medication.
You can consume chicken to protect your eyes from weak vision as it is a powerhouse of, retinol, lycopene, alpha, and beta-carotene, etc. The nutrients are essential to maintaining the overall health of your eyes. Consuming chicken cannot only beneficial for dry eyes or night blindness, but it is equally effective for cataracts and macular degeneration. Therefore, incorporate a moderate quantity of chicken into your daily routine and let it protect your precious eyes.
Various mineral and vitamin deficiency lead to cell and tissue damage in your body that result in swollen lips, peeling and cracking of the skin. Moreover, dry patches on the skin also indicate that your body needs plenty of riboflavin. Thus, consuming chicken regularly can promote the growth of damaged cells and tissues effectively. You can find the high content of riboflavin in chicken breast and liver.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER